What's new

Fuel consumption!

My 1st tank of Diesel I got 43.42 miles per gallon is that good??? lots of short runs and no motorways!

That's good. But also depends what you mean by short runs.

Not bad. Mine was around that, but dropped below 40 MPG at my last fill up... I'm blaming winter diesel.

I get around 40 doing 5 mile journeys and less than 20 mins. Goes up over 50 on the motorway run.

Mine's used as a taxi 90% town work i get 44/46 MPG thats done manually when i fill up as the on board system is not too accurate.

Also theres a great app on Android called Fuel Calculater it keeps a record of all your MPG's

Getting 40.8 for last few days best was 44 in september and worst was 37 in november, drive idtec tourer.

How the hell do some people get 50mpg?!?
How you you drive and what distance?

Demon Knight said:
Getting 40.8 for last few days best was 44 in september and worst was 37 in november, drive idtec tourer.

How the hell do some people get 50mpg?!?
How you you drive and what distance?
How do you get 37?? That's the mpg on my 2.0 Auto.

Nasty1984 said:
How do you get 37?? That's the mpg on my 2.0 Auto.
Havent a clue did nothing out of the ordinary, wasnt driving it hard, only differnce was that I filled it from Total, usuall I fill with Shell.

In my 7th gen I regularly got 48/49mpg, that was without trying.

70+mpg poodling along at 50mph on Motorways
60+ mpg on long runs on A Roads
Typically 45mpg when thrashed or town only driving
2006 iCTDI Sport Saloon (no modifications)

If you have patience and a light enough right foot to change each gear at 2000rpm you too can eke out more out of that expensive diesel fuel!