What's new

Fuel economy

Gudgieboy

Reaction score
Car
Honda accord
Hi all got a Honda accord 2.0 automatic petrol 2007model very heavy on fuel can anyone help ?

Welcome to TA.

Try posting a bit more infromation.... with what you have given, the most help you will get is going to be advice about driving slower :lol:

Two of my friends drive Honda CRV 2.0 litre automatics and also complain bitterly about fuel consumption.
Their journeys are relatively short and always about town and they struggle to achieve 20mpg.

Both have full Honda service histories and about 40K miles, Honda feedback was that the cars are not faulty and this level of economy is too be expected with urban driving?

Be interested to here from other Accord drivers with 2 litre petrols

Hi all got a Honda accord 2.0 automatic petrol 2007model very heavy on fuel can anyone help ?

Oh dear.. what mpg you're averaging? I'm looking around to buy my first i-vtec (having a diesel before) and posts like this put me right off.. Is automatic really that bad on fuel economy?

It's not as good as manual put it this way but if it's auto you want go for it petrol accords are Bom proof

I reset the trips 2,000 miles ago, I use trip A for my daily mileage but I leave trip B to give me an average mileage overall, it is currently showing 33.9 mpg and that is a combination of urban and motorway driving

^^^^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: