What's new

Fuel filter/ 60k service

Carl H

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord EX i-CTDi
Apologies first, as I'm sure this must have been covered about a thousand times already, but putting 'fuel filter' in the search box just brings up loads of topics.

My 7th gen diesel will be getting a major service in the new year, at my local garage. It's on 64k and it will be 13 months since it's last service.

I've read on here several times that it's vital that a proper Honda fuel filter is fitted, rather than a replacement one.

Where's the best place to buy one? I don't have a local Honda dealer so I'll be having it delivered.

Is there anything else that my man at the garage should know about?

Aftermarket fuel filters do seem to clash badly with the 2.2 diesel... if your Accord is a pre-facelift then a Bosch filter was originally fitted (part number ending in 442), but if it's a facelift model then you need a Denso filter.

If you want to order these from Honda, then get it from Holdcroft and get a discount code from a mod (may be free delivery?). I know the Bosch ones are often available elsewhere, but get it from somewhere reputable to avoid ending up with some sort of 'knock-off' copy (e.g. ring round a few Bosch service centres and get prices with delivery, if you have a PFL model).