What's new

Fuel leak.

gtv

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord tourer
HI folks, just noticed that around the fuel pump on my 2005 diesel there seems to be a lot of fuel, upon further investigation I can see it has run along the top of the rocker.
Now I put some tissue at a couple of points along the rocker to see if I can see where it was coming from and took her for a test drive.
after about 15miles I stopped and checked and the only tissue that was wet ( in fact it was soaked) was the bit around the joint of the high pressure pipe and injector no1.
Now is there a seal there? do you think its a new pipe or injector req'd or just a nip up? I have tried but it does seem tight.
Car runs fine with no problems or starting.
Thanks for any help you can give.

If it's leaking from the high pressure pipe to injector than its best to replace the pipe. They generally don't leak though has the car had any work done around that area ?

No nothing at all for ages. not sure how long it has been doing it though. it all looks very damp around there. just that the tissue was soaked when I put it around the pipe but if you look at the second picture you can see the threads are wet. apart from that any other idea's? if it was the injector itself would it still run ok?

14mm spanner and see if it'll nip up a little more.

Or it's new pipe time.

Real easy to change.

Well thanks for all your help, nipped it up. Looked like it didn't turn but so far and two journeys down and no leak, so fingers crossed

Great news. Always good when it's a simple fix.