What's new

Fuse box/bsi unit?

stuwee1974

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda accord 1.8s
I think i have blown my speedo when i short circuited it on reading up i think i have blown the fuse box that feeds this on drivers side could this be true also do i have to match codes excact for replacement or are the fuse boxes standard i have a 2001 1.8s can anyone please help as they are not easy to get hold off

Hi Stuart, welcome to TA.

There are two fuses that need checked if the speedo stops working, fuse 6 & 9 on the drivers side. Have you checked any fuses at all?

driverfuse_zpsd21307e8.jpg

Ummmm...I'm probably at my limit of electrics now :-(

Do you have other electrical issues, is any of the dash working? How/where did the short occur?

Thanks Andy, all i have on speedo is key light nothing else no other electrical issues i put a bit of wire from in back of speedo from abs to srs as bulb as had issue with srs light i done what a friend said try but think done it wrong should not of done it direct this is why i think i have blown something more than a fuse, and yes im stupid ha. Should of left to people that know thanks stuart

This is a bit of a head scratcher, isn't there also a wheel speed sensor somewhere that sends a signal to the speedo?

Not sure wish i didnt touch it in first place just know after my short circuit lost all lights and mileage on speedo mot sure next step thanks

The Vehicle Speed Sensor is here....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4udvcxRU9o

but I think you might have blown the board behind the dash, sounds like its dead to me.

Just order a second hand set of clocks on eBay mate. As the boards burnt out by the sounds of it.
What part of the clocks work?
Speedo?
Rev counter?
Fuel gauge?

Got nothing at all on speedo,no clocks,mileage srs,abs light,no rev counter only light that lights up is the key one in left corner not sure what i have blown speedo or fuse box on drivers side under dash thanks