What's new

genuine or not genuine

scottpeters90

Members
Reaction score
Car
03 Accord tourer
Having removed my rear caliper and cleaned it again (3rd time once by honda main dealer) my brakes are still binding, so i was thinking a new caliper was needed but have been quoted by honda £382.13 inc vat??? for part only.
A non genuine caliper is £85 what would you do???

Why don't you try to service them?
I think there are specific service kits.

Agree with above, why don't you try repairing the caliper, seen the below link on the internet, so i'm ***uming most dealers will sell the kit.

Clicky

and for only £30 quid, its well worth a shot. Or you could always get a reconditioned one, which will probably be the same as repairing it yourself but they will send you a reconditioned unit and ask for your old one in return. Don't know the price but i remember my brother getting one for his BMW diesel and it cost about £100 quid.

Personally i would try it myself, cos by the sounds of it you have had the caliper off in the past so you are pretty good with a spanner..

Brakes are important and if you dont feel brave enough to re seal them, try to find someone who could do it for you. If not your only option is the motorfactor calipers, although you could make some money back selling your old sticky calipers on here to someone who could reseal them for themselves in their own time and install them on their own car in one go. Better than sending your genuine calipers back to a refurbing company for £20-40 refund.

Good points guys, like the link with the service parts cheers. Not sure im upto (brave enough) trying to service the thing myself i rely on my car a lot and often have my 5 year old son in the back.
Dont think i could risk my brakes failing due to me pretending to know what im doing.
Im not even sure its the caliper after all its been cleaned 3 times and one of them was by Brayley Honda who said it was fine??