What's new

Glazes

93 accord

The 4th gen'er
Reaction score
Car
1993 Accord CB3
Well after realising that the difference between polish cleaners, sealants and glazes are all very small and the line between them are very blurred, i thought i needed to see if glazes are worth it or not.

I have gone a bought some Poorboys Black Hole, which is a glaze for dark paints.

Now some research has told me that glazes produce a colour depth to the paint, and a sealant add flake pop on a metallic paint.

I am stong believer in Super Resin Polish, which is a paint cleaner and a sealant, so this Poorboys stuff would be used before this. The reality though is im sure both will provide a good shiny prior to hitting it with a Colli 845 wax.

So this is a test really, 2 of them, one, testing the difference between sealant and glaze, and two, seeing if there is something for the same price range that can beat SRP.

Anyone on here running Poorboys Blackhole?

Use the Black Hole after SRP. It's a filler heavy glaze so will help hide minor defects.

SRP is pretty much just a polish and not really an all in one as it offers very little protection. Again though it is heavy with fillers so can be good at hiding swirl marks. To use it properly though, you really have to work it by hand.

So, polish, glaze, then wax (or sealant).

Cheers shiny, yep i need fillers! The car has been corrected, but 18year paint, although it doesnt show its age, is far from new! So if i can give it a thick skin of blackhole this could make things more please to the OCD eye lol!

Its just come in the post, so when i get my car back later from the MOT station im going to give it a clean and try this stuff out. I dont think i got camera good enough to show any type of 50/50 but if i can get some pics i will.

Would you say this is one of the best glazes for the money or is there something better i missed?

I loved it on my black Accord, gave a very glossy and slick finish and also made applying the wax easier. Don't apply it thick though, you will just waste product. If you have DA polisher, apply it a low speed on a finishing pad for best results.

My choice would be either Chemical Guys EZ Creme Glaze, Poorboys Black Hole or good old Meguiars #7 (although the smell isn't so good). Quite a few on DW rave about Prima Amigo but i've not tried it, so can't comment.

Well i cleaned the car, and used the Poorboys Blackhole with applicator pad and microfibre, the manual method.

Im really happy with the finish, i havent got the best camera to show this product off on my car but youll get the idea!

082-2.jpg

083-1.jpg

084.jpg

086.jpg

I use BH on mine, to get the best results you need to do it at least twice. SRP is okay but again it needs to be done quite a few times to get the desired effect (AG recommend at least five - but then they would). You don't use SRP and BH together, anything you put on will be taken off by the one going over the top and you greatly increase the chances of holograms. As mentioned above, if you have a DA use it on a low speed.

I always top BH off with a couple of coats of EX-P then a couple of coats of Colly 915.