What's new

Glow Plugs

om4r

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
Hi

When starting the card 1st thing in the morning the car stuuters and the starts fine. I 1st ***umed it was the battery which i got replaced and it wasnt too bad but still on the odd occasion this happens. I was wondering how easy is it to replace the glow plugs and where are they located

Thanks

It's more likely to be frozen fuel due to the extremely cold weather. When was your fuel filter last done?

Fuel filter wasnt done long ago. It has only done about 2-3K since it has been replaced

What mileage has the car done Omar.

With that mileage it could well be your glow plugs.I think you can get them tested for efficiency but not sure what kind of meter you need someone else may no here.

Do you know where the glow plugs are located??
Im not 100% but would say close to the injectors.Take the cover off and see if you can see 4 like mini spark plugs normaly with a cable on the top.
Im going by an older pug i had a through years ago.

Thanks alot. Just for info if anyone needs it click on the link to see where the glow plugs are situated

http://www.hondaoriginalparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17SEA01&block_02=E__4010&block_03=2848