What's new

GLOW PLUGS

wahabishtiaq

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2006
Hi Guys,

What is the recommended miles to change GP? What are the signs which indicates that new GP are required?

Has anyone done DIY on GP? What make are the best for 7th type?

Your invaluable help will be appreciated.

Thanksin

No need to change until you see a failure. You normally get error code P1384 on this car. When you replace only use genuine Honda plugs.

F6HAD said:
No need to change until you see a failure. You normally get error code P1384 on this car. When you replace only use genuine Honda plugs.
What about all the upgraded plugs like platinum blah blah blah? No good on our cars? (2.0 cl7)

Upgraded spark plugs on a petrol can be beneficial but as glow plugs are used just to start for diesels I wouldn't waste your money(if you can even get uprated glow plugs)

No they won't. I've already advised genuine only, and that's based on firsthand knowledge of a few people I know that have tried aftermarket and had either poor starting, smoking and even engine management errors.

I wouldn't use anything other than honda. What i meant was don't waste your money trying to find "better" ones

Does anybody know resistance of glow plugs? I mean if somebody measured resistance by multimeter (ohmmeter) when checked if they are OK.