What's new

Gone and Got Another One!

Ripple

Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 Diesel.
After the pretty one that didn't go much got towed away! This is an 05 with 190k on clock but 'Executive' and it's got a screen I don't know how to use as well as all the other buttons I dont' know how to use. Boot doesn't stay open on this one but I've found a motor on Ebay for £30. Please, wise people: 1) am I a fool? 2) Will a £30 motor mend it? Would like to go camping so having tailgate is important. Paid £600 but will get £400 towards it selling my trusty Focus Estate (55 plate 9m MOT) if anyone's interested.

Hi.The executive is a good choice lots of extras and buttons lol but nothing you need a manual for.Just have a play around you'll soon figure out what does what.As for the tailgate theres a wealth of information here...most of which has been covered recently.You report yours wont stay open "raised" so first area id be looking at is the struts.

Thank you so much for your reply. I was so sad to see the last one go, it was such a pretty sparkling baby blue - but didn't often go.
This one is the colour of the road so will need to keep the lights on!

Thank you. Stupid thing about the tailgate is that it'll stay open on the key but not if opened by hand.

I hope to be on this forum for a couple of years at least.

It needs a name. Last few cars have been 'Tractor Car' (x reg Focus that pulled like a tractor). Moon Car (another Focus Estate that had done enough mile to get to the moon and on its way back). OXA my latest Focus reg that reminds me of an album by the Grateful Dead.

Baby Blue previous Accord didn't have a name that didn't incude the word *******.

Don't like it much yet. It's too erm... 'executive'. All fur coat and no knickers.