What's new

Good afternoon all, can anyone tell me what shim clips or pad clips these Caliper Carriers take, it seems impossible to locate information anywhere???

Cheers... its unbelievable that there not required but companies are willing to sell a myriad of variations of shim clips and pad clips but they are not required??????

I always fit them, got to be a reason for them or they wouldn't be there

If i'm replacing pads then if the retaining clips are still good I'll refit them together with any spring that is there. Also put some copper grease on the back of the pads.

Do you have a link to these retaining clips and springs please ? It would be much appreciated mate.

I don't have the same model car as yours. If you click on the link supplied earlier, enter your reg into the Honda parts site and select continue when your model comes up, scroll down the diagrams until you come to the brakes. It will give you the part numbers. You can order from them or try to source cheaper alternatives on ebay for example.
Eurocarparts have springs and retainers for my model.

I don't have the same model car as yours. If you click on the link supplied earlier, enter your reg into the Honda parts site and select continue when your model comes up, scroll down the diagrams until you come to the brakes. It will give you the part numbers. You can order from them or try to source cheaper alternatives on ebay for example.
Eurocarparts have springs and retainers for my model.

The problem I've got is the link via the Honda site shows no retainer clips or springs, which becomes hard work to locate what should fit the caliper carrier ????

Brakes international is alright. Have used them years ago. No issues really

Tell us your model details and i'll have a look on the honda site

Yes your brakes are different to mine and do not have the clips or springs on the rear but do have a shim set, item 13:

Does have a spring/clip on the fronts, item7:

Maybe the retainers are attached to the pads.

I know, this is the first caliper I've come across to not have shims or clips, I have looked on the link you've given me and this link does suggest there are clips that can be fitted.

I've emailed them regarding advice also, so here's hoping ?

https://brakeparts.co.uk/shop/Honda/Accord/03-08/Accord Cn1~cn2 2.2 Diesel Sal~estate/Rear - Brake Pads and Shoes/BPF1219

Thanks for your help mate

No worries, I'm puzzled why you want to try and fit parts that aren't specified?

I'm not wanting to fit anything outside the specified fixture and fittings of the accord 2.2 sport SE - 2008 (KE)

I'm conducting a disc and brake pad change which has resulted in caliper and carrier change, I've ordered and recieved the pads and discs (used like for like calipers and carriers) and noticed, Euro parts, Autodoc and many other suppliers are selling so-called shims and fitting clips for the Reg of my car, I just started browsing and thought 'does my caliper and carrier need fittings that I may be unaware of' ?

It's a valied observation, but these calipers/carriers dont seem to have alot of coverage in comparison to the 2009 models onwards ?

Got it, just had a look on eurocarparts at your model and they're selling clips and springs depending on the model/fitment, confusing? Sometimes I just look at what was there in the first place and order new if they're no good to reuse.

This is where I made my mistake, I should have as a minimum taken a phot of the old parts before disposing of the minor items, now its bitten me in the ***!!

I haven't seen calipers and carriers such as these before, other Honda Accord models is fairly easy, these are the complete opposite ???