What's new

Got A Boot Problem!

Sit

Members
Reaction score
Car
Car-less!
Ok so need some help is poss as stuck in situ at the minute!

Just walked out to car and opened boot using remote, put some stuff in the boot and pressed the button on boot lid to close it.

Driven about 10mims no problem, opened boot using handle removed some items and pressed the button to close nothing?!?! Pressed the remote nothing?!?!? Tried to close boot manually and it won't catch to close securely?!?!

So I can't shut my boot at present, does anyone have any suggestions??

No problems or signs of problems, all working fine up until now.

Si

Si have a little search mate this is a common problem

http://www.google.com/cse?cx=002134545166272172295:r6apjvdonka&q=tourer%20boot%20problem&oq=tourer%20boot%20problem&aq=f&aqi=&aql=1&gs_l=partner.12...0.0.2.25.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0.gsnos%2Cn%3D13.1.0.0.&gs_204=3#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=tourer%20boot%20problem&gsc.page=1

Had a quick read through and managed to get it to shut manually and be secure but then the exterior handle won't release the boot to open it?!?!

Does the boot have it's own fuse, manual doesn't show one for powered tailgate????

Just disconnected the battery to seeif that does anything as suggested in another thread.

Si

Ok so it's sorted?!?!?! I removed the positive battery terminal, left for 15 mins, reconnected it, opened and closed it once manually to reset and it's fine??

Why would that have happened out of the blue? Is it a sig that I am heading for a slippery slope of problems with the tailgate or is it ecu just having a spaz moment and needed resetting??

Cheers

Si

I wouldn't worry to much unless it happens again Si.Glad its sorted now mate.

Hi I have a 04 tourer there is a problem with the gas struts that open the boot lid? Honda told me that they where coverd by warrenty, BUT only if the motor has clocked up UNDER 100,000 miles,I had a fight with Honda u.k because mine was 108.000 miles, and i had just brought it.......ended up Honda paid for PARTS and i paid the labour.
Hope you'rs was just a glich...... but keep it mind.

FLASH

I wouldn't worry to much unless it happens again Si.Glad its sorted now mate.

Thanks bud fingers crossed now!!!

Flash - thanks for the heads up, mine has covered 98k so hoping if they are going to fail it will be soon!!!!!

Si

Thanks bud fingers crossed now!!!

Flash - thanks for the heads up, mine has covered 98k so hoping if they are going to fail it will be soon!!!!!

Si
mine did the same as yours Si did battery reset all fine1yr down the line boot wont open at all now if you still have 2k left on your warranty get into Honda dont take no for a answer as this is very common problem on the tourer. Ive had to drill a hole in my manual catch tied some strimmer wire to it then drilled another hole through the tailgate next to the number plate found a little handle in garage attached the wire to this hey presto i now have a manual boot. By the way the DTC code mine showed was B1390= faulty tailgate ECU

Thanks bud, will maybe pop in then and see what I can sort out, would rather get it sorted 'inside' their mileage parameters.

Keep you posted in that case......

Si

Sorry for jumping in here, I've got a 04 Sport Saloon and have a boot button on the key fob but it doesn't have any function. Is it common to have a boot lid button on all fobs without it having any function? I've never really looked into it but now that I see this here I figured I'd ask! :)

Sorry for jumping in here, I've got a 04 Sport Saloon and have a boot button on the key fob but it doesn't have any function. Is it common to have a boot lid button on all fobs without it having any function? I've never really looked into it but now that I see this here I figured I'd ask! :)

Mines an 04 exec saloon and the button on the fob opens (well unlocks and pops open an inch or two) the boot, I thought this was the same for the Sport model but, not sure as it could be an optional extra as the only difference between the 04 Sport and exec models was trim (leather, headlight washers, etc) would be worth asking another preface lift sport owner if their boot release button works?

Also if you have both sets of keys is it the same on each one as this would rule out the fob switch being at fault.

Also if you have both sets of keys is it the same on each one as this would rule out the fob switch being at fault.

Yeah I've tried both keys but it doesn't make any difference, I'd be inclined to think it was an extra on some cars. At the same time if my car was fitted with a boot popper I'd like to have it working.(Cause I've got a hint of OCD like that) :)

How long have you held the button down for? Mine always took a good long push to work.

All 7th Gen Tourers have this feature but it can get confused. Not opening the door to its fullest upsets the brain. Sometimes a full battery pull is all that will get the door and the brain back in sync.

It's when it gets upset mid travel that you ought to get worried :lol:

I cant say I've taken much notice, I'd be thinking a quick press. But I'll try it out and see how it goes! :)

Don't think anyone has mentioned it yet but boot opening feature of Tourer only, won't matter how long you hold the button down - if you have a saloon the boot won't open or close!

Didnt want my thread causing confusion.

Si

Don't think anyone has mentioned it yet but boot opening feature of Tourer only, won't matter how long you hold the button down - if you have a saloon the boot won't open or close!

Are you sure? The saloon wont open all the way but I thought the key would pop it and inch or two just to allow easier opening? Maybe I'm wrong! :huh:

Yes - on my facelift Sport if you press & hold the button it releases the boot lid which pops open a little bit. You have to hold the button for a second or so.

Yes - on my facelift Sport if you press & hold the button it releases the boot lid which pops open a little bit. You have to hold the button for a second or so.

That's what I had been thinking, I'm just wondering where I could start looking to solve the issue? Would it be on the inside of the boot lid if I remove the lining or could it be on either side?

My saloon car boot pops about an inch or so from the key or from the lever in the car but if the boot is shut I can't just use the button under the boot lid, is this normal or is there an easy fix?

kev25v6 said:
My saloon car boot pops about an inch or so from the key or from the lever in the car but if the boot is shut I can't just use the button under the boot lid, is this normal or is there an easy fix?
Daft question but are you sure the car is fully unlocked when trying this?

Yep, doors all wide open and the boot lid only pops an inch to release it when the key fob is held down or the lever is pulled inside the car, the actual rubber button on the boot does nothing at all.