What's new

GRILL FOR MY 6TH GEN ACCORD

TIPEX9

TA Friends
Reaction score
Car
vtec-s
Im not to fussed on the look of my standard grill but i cant seem to source a nice after market one or even a reasonably priced ATR grill. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as im pulling my hair out! (not really, ive got a shaved head)

Thanks

How about doing a little DIY and building your own grill using the frame of your existing one. Obviously make sure you design it out properly first but I have seen people in the past do this with success and fail :)

Thanks for the suggestions chaps, will try and get some pics up soon so i can get some good ideas on what to change next ;)

Might be worth having a bash at building your own. I did this with some sidecutters, silicone, screws & mesh

ecc3bc0e.jpg

f504dbe2.jpg

Cost about £15 all in, plus 1-2 hours of mucking about figuring out what to do! Very satisfying to stand back afterwards and admire your handiwork :)

The grill on Joshs' car looks great.

Or find someone breaking an ATR and buy that. They usually go for about £30.

black grill looks much better... i would paint it... and put Honda logo back as it looks very cheap now... like golf mk2 tuning :D No offence

black grill looks much better... i would paint it... and put Honda logo back as it looks very cheap now... like golf mk2 tuning :D No offence

None taken buddy, everyone's entitled to an opinion :p I did put a lot of thought in before going with the chrome mesh over black though. Two things swung it for me really, the first being that if I'm changing the original plastic fins out for mesh, I want it to be obvious - I compared the black mesh to the chrome and tbh most of the detail was lost as soon as you were about a foot away, just looked like a hole. The second reason was it reminded me of the grilles from the sports model jags, and I've always loved those :p when I bought my Accord, an X-type sport was also on the short list!

As for the Honda badge, I do have a pretend red type-r one currently, but thinking of swapping it for one of the older black background ones to make some contrast. Either that or a small white decal on the nose of the bonnet :D

Haha and I have a Golf mk2 btw :p oem(ish) though, just like she should be :D

Thanks again for the ideas and pics, i quite like the look of Josh's grill actually but ive just ordered an ATR grill so i will see how that grabs me once its fitted. Are they easy to fit by the way? i havent checked how its fitted yet :unsure:

Thanks

iirc there's a few bolts holding onto tabs around the edge of the grill. I had a bit of trouble as the bolts are self retained in the plastic tabs, and the nuts securing them to the bonnet were seized. After a bit of a fight the plastic gave up before the rust :( so I'd recommend letting them soak in some rust release if you come up against too much resistance, otherwise you could damage the old grill, which you might want to sell to recoup some ATR grill money :p

Took your advice and the grill came off ok with a little persuasion, so ATR grill now fitted. Looks better than my old grill but still dont know if i will change it up a little bit yet :unsure: :wacko:

Took your advice and the grill came off ok with a little persuasion, so ATR grill now fitted. Looks better than my old grill but still dont know if i will change it up a little bit yet :unsure: :wacko:

Hey buddy,

If you dont mind me asking was the grill expensive? ans could you stick up a pic to show us how it looks

Andy

I paid £30 from a breakers yard, i have no ides how to get pics on here yet but i will as soon as i find out how :)

Some executives came with a type r style grill as well. From what I can see it's the same apart from the badge. Might be cheaper to get one of them if you can find one

I reckon you'd be hard pushed to find a second hand one of those, I keep an eye on autotrader & eBay constantly for Accords and I've never seen one of those grilles on an Exec. You sure that's not from an ATR and had the badge removed?

Hmm not sure. Will have a look later. How's the badge secured to the grill on a type r.
With two little clips mate. Just comes straight off iirc.

Had a look at mine. Looks like it had a badge on the right as you look at it. Probably a type r :huh: