What's new

Halo Headlights

Szekely

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord mk7
Hi,

I do apologise if there already is a topic about this, but I have searched for & cannot find one.

As the ***le states, I'm after some halo headlights. Only problem is I cannot find any for my year accord. I've got a 53 plate accord & all the halo lights I've found are for 2004 accords onwards.

Can someone please help me out here & tell me if I'm missing something here. Do the 2004 halo lights fit my 53 plate accord, or are there no halo lights available for my model accord?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Szekely.

I may not be able to directly help...but why on earth do you want 'halo' lights on the accord?.

The stock projectors on the accord are very good and exchanging them for aftermarket headlights will diminish light output.

If you want 'halo' lights and really really want them.. .then you can either do it yourself by seperating the lights and putting a kit in..
Or you can sell the accord and buy a saxo where you can retro fit in some headlights.

Thanks for the sarcastic reply. I was hoping for a grown ups response.

My headlights have become old & misty, they may fail the next MOT because of this. I've tried to separate the headlights unit to solve this problem, but it's been glued together & if I try any harder I will break them.

I was looking at halo lights & I think they would look smart with the body kit I intend to buy for my Accord.

Not sure about halo lights but your lights can be cleaned with a good plastic Polish and brought back to new.
If the fading is on the inside its a different matter.
I'm thinking you have a late 6th gen ?
If it's a 7th gen the 2004 lights should fit

Thanks mate, I've got the polish to sort the fading, but unfortunately it's on the inside & I can't get the lights apart. If I force too hard they will break. I think someone glued them together.My accords a 53 plate, that's a 7th gen ain't it?

If the first 6 characters of the VIN are any of the following, then yes it's 7th gen

JHMCL7
JHMCL9
JHMCM1
JHMCM2
JHMCN1
JHMCN2

Szekely said:

My headlights have become old & misty, they may fail the next MOT because of this. I've tried to separate the headlights unit to solve this problem, but it's been glued together & if I try any harder I will break them.

I was looking at halo lights & I think they would look smart with the body kit I intend to buy for my Accord.
It was not meant to be sarastic.

If you had stated in your post that the headlights are misted and you where looking for a solution then my response would have been very different.

If your wanting to bring some life back to your old headlights.. The following works very well:

1) toothpaste.. Use a cloth or if you have it some sort of slow rotary buffer.

If you have a rotary grinder etc, you can buy sponge pads to fit on there. Then a bit of G3 paste will work wonders.

If you dont have any of the aboves... Then some good quality wet and dry sand paper working your way from a medium grit to a very fine grit.
Then use tooth paste to finish off.

If all else fails then many local mobile detailers who will offer the service too.

Szekely said:

bung them in the oven to heat the glue up the separate them, there are some DIY halo's on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3dDj4EJCjA never tried it myself, I personally would get a set from the scrappies and do it to them first?

Diy can be done. A member on here has done it to his car. Think his username is saj. I think it looks awesome.

Not sure how saxo was compared to the accord but anyway. Halo is generally a bmw thing and for me they look awesome.

Do let us know how you get on, i wouldnt mind this mod