What's new

Handbrake loosness

trailblazzer

Members
Reaction score
Car
06 Accord CDTI Sport
Hi guys,

Ive my MOT at the weekend :unsure: and did my servicing and check the car over last weekend when I was down at the parents house where I have all my tools and bits.
Anyhoo, I just noticed there coming home from work yesterday that the handbrake is gone very loose. I've adjusted handbrakes on many cars before and never experienced this.
There is no resistance on the lever for maybe the first inch or so when I lift the lever, then it clicks 4 or 5 times and seems to work as normal. If you guys need I can make a little video of it so you can see what I mean.

I bought the car at the start of April and the garage I bought it from fitted new discs and pads all around then.

Any ideas? do I just need to give it a tighten?

Thanks!!

did you change break pads recently, sometimes they need to self adjust to the need pads.

sounds normal to me, mine does something like yours, as long as it bites and holds the car should be nothing to worry about, Panic if you can pull the hand brake up with no resistance at all to full lock. ;)

this is normal, there is abit of free movement until the first click on the handbrake. Honda say 6 - 8 clicks is good.

Is the caliper working? I tightened mine up a few days later it was loose. Turns out my calliper is seized

If you want to adjust it

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/1041-accord-handbrake-adjustment/