What's new

Hands Free phone - acoustic feedback

Docgra

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord
Had the surprise of the year this evening - I pressed the 'talk' button to call the wife (as you do when you leave the office to make sure your tea is ready when you get home ...!) and got a huge earful of acoustic feedback - so much I needed to stop to turn things off!
When I got home (while my tea was finishing off!), I switched my mobile off and pressed the 'talk' button on the steering wheel again - and still got the feedback. Radio volume was at 11 and I didn't make a sound. My old Nokia was off so it wasn't causing the issue - seems the car's mic picked something up and created the feedback loop. It dissapeared when the radio volume got down to about 3 but got to unberable when I turned the volume back up to about 10. It also disappeared when I pressed the phone 'back' button on the steering wheel to turn the 'call' off.

So - after a nice tea (shepherd's pie and crumble!), I investigated again - and this time - everything was as perfect as usual. No stragne sounds and no feedback - and I didn't do a thing ...

Very Strange ...

Anyone else come accross this ?

Mine's a 58 EX and prefers petrol ...

Happy New Year to all

Cheers,

Graham

I'd be down the dealers pronto.

Not heard of this before at all. Not electronically versed I'm afraid so no idea what the cause is.

If im thinking on the same line as you Graham was the sound like a high pitched squeal.
If so its to do with the MIC and needs looking at.I took mine apart then put it back together and all was fine.
Buy the way this was on my 7th gen.

Thanks Guys,

Did you have it happen to you Mr Brett? it certainly was a high pitched squeal - very loud and got lounder too. What did you find when you took things to pieces - or was it a matter of re-making connections?

If it happens again I'll go see my friendly dealer - I may mention it when I get the new wipers ... why didn't I think of asking a dealer - 'spose I'm so used to VW 'stealers rather than Honda nice guys ...

Anyone else had the problem?

Cheers,

Graham

TBH i think these MICS has had problems from what i have experienced in the past.Also other members here as well.
When i took the covers of to expose the speaker i just played with the cables to make sure of a good connection then put back together and all was good.

Hello Guys,

Bit of an update - I mentioned it to the dealer at the last Type A service, they couldn't repeat the fault and there were no traces in the fault log - so they didn't do anything.

It's not happened again

Very curious - but I'm glad it's gone away.

Cheers,

Graham