What's new

Handsfree Mic Placement

snake_byte

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord Ex 2.0
Hi all,

I'm gonna install a parrot hands free car kit. Been having a look at the DIY threads and I think I'm mostly set. One thing I couldn't find was any pictures of installed microphones. Could someone be kind enough to post me a couple of pictures please? I understand about working the mic cable into the rubber trimming around the door frame, I'm just wondering if any of the wire wil be visible on inside of the car ceiling etc?

Could someone help with some pics of their's please?

Thank you! :)

Hi all,

I'm gonna install a parrot hands free car kit. Been having a look at the DIY threads and I think I'm mostly set. One thing I couldn't find was any pictures of installed microphones. Could someone be kind enough to post me a couple of pictures please? I understand about working the mic cable into the rubber trimming around the door frame, I'm just wondering if any of the wire wil be visible on inside of the car ceiling etc?

Could someone help with some pics of their's please?

Thank you! :)

If you are getting a Parrot kit you get a little clip that slides on to the head lining. You only see a tiny bit of cable that way which is unavoidable anyway and it looks tidy and in a good position to pick up your voice.

P1010050.jpg

Ah that's cool thanks for that. I think there will be a bit of the wire visible also when I come from the door frame to the headlining, but I guess its unavoidable too...

Ah that's cool thanks for that. I think there will be a bit of the wire visible also when I come from the door frame to the headlining, but I guess its unavoidable too...

You should be able to hide all the wire. You can remove the card from the A pillar by getting a knife and pulling out the little badge that says SRS and then just pull the card off. there is an airbag there but it wont go off (if this worrys you just disconnect the battery), then tape the wire to the metal frame and tuck the rest of the cable behind the roof lining.

You can release the glovebox by pushing in either side of it and pulling towards yourself, This will give you plenty of room to feed your cable up in to the door frame from underneath. This way you will have no visible cables.

See I was wondering this, but isn't it a bit dangerous hiding the wire in there? What I mean is, shouldn't the a pillar area be obstacle free in case the air bag needs to go off?

It ain't the wire you have to worry about :lol:

See I was wondering this, but isn't it a bit dangerous hiding the wire in there? What I mean is, shouldn't the a pillar area be obstacle free in case the air bag needs to go off?

If you take a look behind the cover you will see that you can place a cable well out of the way of the airbag. There is plenty of room behind there.

Oh ok cool - I'll have a look when my kit arrives. Thanks for your help, appreciated!

I think I will disconnect the battery first though! lol :lol:

Just had mine installed and its the dual noise cancelling mic. The installer fitted it just above the rear view mirror. Very neatly. Its the best place for it.