What's new

Has anybody use Autodoc for spares?

Not used the service, though I have always found postal services from Germany are streets ahead on the UK services, both small and large items.

I had a motorcycle frame (Honda, of course) delivered to the UK office address from Dussledorf for £15 with packaging and insurance in case the final mile (Parcelfarce) ******ed it up.

For anyone wanting electronic items now maplins is no more could do worse than look up Reichelt.de

This is my number one parts source lately. The only problem is that u have to make sure you're ordeithe correct part or it might take even a couple of weeks to correct it, since their compatibility database isn't always matching the right car versions. In case of doubt, always pay for insurance (£4), this way u have up to 200 days to return or exchange.

Just an update to this thread, I ordered a full set of replacement front lower control arm suspension bushes and bottom ball joints for both sides (x8) which came to just under seventy quid and arrived within a week. The last MOT gave me an advisory on one of the bushes and ball joints so instead of buying a complete arm which I was considering I thought I'd replace the lot as I have a press tool.

antdad said:
Just an update to this thread, I ordered a full set of replacement front lower control arm suspension bushes and bottom ball joints for both sides (x8) which came to just under seventy quid and arrived within a week. The last MOT gave me an advisory on one of the bushes and ball joints so instead of buying a complete arm which I was considering I thought I'd replace the lot as I have a press tool.
I make did you choose?

I need some of those bits too.

I used them for some bits and saved quite a bit of money i think so I can recommend Autodoc and will use them again. Ended up buying new front and rear discs and pads (Brembo) plus new bushes for both front lower control arms for the same price i was seeing for one new lower arm alone from other places.

Lots of brands to choose from usually when you search from higher price brands to very cheap ones. I went for the middle range to higher range stuff.

What i did also was to use the Lings Honda parts site to search for the correct OEM part number and just paste it straight into the Autodoc search bar and it pretty much came up with a good range of options everytime.

I used them recently for some complete LCA for the Tourer, rather than buying bushes this time I went for the complete arms even though I have access to a press.
Their range is good all makes and models of aftermarket, some are brands I haven't heard much about others like TRW are well known.
Their prices are good and they often have specials as well.

bought an alternator there, initially ordered a "low end" option manufactured by as-pl for £130, but it must have been out of stock because I received a £400 unit manufactured by stark instead
so either someone's messed up, or the price hike is artificially inflated between the two products. either way, it runs, and I've gotten rid of the horrible whining sound the old unit made, without spending £700 locally

Bounder said:
I used them recently for some complete LCA for the Tourer, rather than buying bushes this time I went for the complete arms even though I have access to a press.
why not another set of problem solving bushings?

mlkehunt said:
why not another set of problem solving bushings?

A pita job isn't it and you need a press or press tools...far far easier to to buy complete arm and swap over in half the time.

I did find a complete set of replacement Meyle bushes for a front LCA on fleabay for about £35 from a UK suppler, if I'd seen them or they'd been availabe I'd probably gone with those but Autodoc were good to deal with.

I do understand the ease of installation, especially given the metallurgical... friction between aluminium bushings and cast iron control arms, no need to worry about chiseling out bits of the old bushings at that point.
but the oem honda compliance bushing does not seem like a sound design for the more front heavy diesel

I would have fitted now PSB bushes but the Mk8 has a different sized bush to the Mk7 and the UK ebay seller didn't reply to my queries.
I did find another manufacturer of Poly bushes by the name of Siberian Bushing and they had the correct part but postage was quite expensive for such a small part so I decided to try the TRW branded LCA complete.
If they do fail again I would try the Siberian bushings ones in my original arms.