What's new

Has anybody used non genuine filters?

Sphinx

Members
Reaction score
Car
2007 2.2i CTDi EX
Hi,

Was wondering if anyone uses non genuine Honda Filters mainly for Air and Pollen filter as there seems to a BIG price difference.

Genuine Honda Air Filter = £20
Genuine Honda Pollen Filter = £20

Non Honda Air Filter = £7.25
Non Honda Pollen Filter = £8.25

Saving = £24.50

Reason - The last time the air filter was changed was at 48k - car just had its 62.k service and they didn't change it - saying it wasn't due a change.

Dont like the idea of going 20K+ miles on the same air + pollen filter so I checked the air filer and it is dirty can could do with a replacement.

So basically has anyone had any problems by using 3rd party filters?

(oil filter is not included above as it only £10 from Honda).

That's the norm though, using same airfilter for 20k miles, maybe just an airgun against it, but yeah normal service schedule, 1st service oil and oil filter, 2nd service, oil, oil filter, air filter and spark plugs ( standard 2.0 petrol only) and pollen filters

Personally it wouldnt bother me about Non Genuine Air/Pollen filters. It maybe worth ringing Holdcroft (remember to say your from here!) if you did want to get a price on genuine as they sold me Air/Fuel/Pollen/Oil Filters & sump washer for just over £70 delivered the next day. I dont have the original email/invoice to hand so cant tell you what prices they quoted me but they where considerably cheaper than my local Honda dealer.

Crazy or not, a few months back I've washed the polen filter gently and left it to dry. Checked it recently and all is fine.
I won't risk doing the same to the air filter.
Anyway, aftermarket versions of these items wouldn't bother me.

I used pollen filter once from ebay and I paid 10£
no diference at all.
Now I bought filter from HH for12£ so its not big diference in money becouse HH is our main dealer for cheaper parts :lol: :lol:

I use aftermarket pollen filters and always have done with my cars. I have also used aftermarket air filters a lot and no problems with these either. The air filter I now use is Pipercross, bought via this site at a reduced rate. Did make the mistake in the past, before I knew any better, of using an aftermarket fuel filter. Had problems with that the day after, so fitted a genuine one straight away. Used aftermarket oil filters with other cars including my previous CTR with no problem, but with the fussy ctdi accord, have stuck with genuine.

Nowt wrong with AF pollen filter, for the rest on the ICTDI I stick with OEM as from HH there is not much difference in price.

Fuel Filter is a must also oil Filter.As for pollen filter i agree with Andy and air filter im and lots of members are using the new pipercroft panel filter kindly supplied by elite and sorted out by Fahad.

thanks guys - will ring HH and see what they say.