What's new

Haynes US Accord workshop manuals.

Apologies for bringing up old threads, is there a way to get this to work on Win 10? I open it in internet explorer and get the search bar up, but then when I open anything the pages are blank

antdad said:
It's not the most intuitive search method I grant you ... clicking a folder directly won't open it,

Select to highlight subject folder in "system/component selection" then use search button to open (magnifying glass top left). Should work in Win 10 mine does.
Have you got the folders in any particular manner? I just extracted mine from the zip and went straight from there. I can get to the point where it opens up the page through system/component selection, but it doesn't direct me to the page and just opens up a new tab with the honda logo/grey bar and no information. It's as though it is not able to find the folder to open the picture. I can manually go into the html folder folder itself and look through them, but they're all just numbers and there's 100's.

elmo298 said:
Have you got the folders in any particular manner? I just extracted mine from the zip and went straight from there. I can get to the point where it opens up the page through system/component selection, but it doesn't direct me to the page and just opens up a new tab with the honda logo/grey bar and no information. It's as though it is not able to find the folder to open the picture. I can manually go into the html folder folder itself and look through them, but they're all just numbers and there's 100's.
Are you using the search button (magnifying glass - top left) to open the folder?

antdad said:
Are you using the search button (magnifying glass - top left) to open the folder?
Yes, I select the year and model, search, it comes up with the different bits in the middle of the page. I go to click one i.e. bleeding the brakes and it opens up with a new page but its just got the grey bar at the top and is blank. No info

Don't know why that would be without seeing it, are you certain the downloaded file has been expanded properly? Perhaps reexpand the original zip file and start over.

This is how I navigate...

Model > Select year + model code

Individual Search > Select shop manual

System Component selection > highlight folder you want to view....

Search with magnifying glass (top left)

Shop manual search result > should be showing a list of sub topics that you should be able to open by double clicking.

antdad said:
Don't know why that would be without seeing it, are you certain the downloaded file has been expanded properly? Perhaps reexpand the original zip file and start over.

This is how I navigate...

Model > Select year + model code

Individual Search > Select shop manual

System Component selection > highlight folder you want to view....

Search with magnifying glass (top left)

Shop manual search result > should be showing a list of sub topics that you should be able to open by double clicking.
https://ibb.co/86p5DGc is what I'm currently getting, tried rezipping it just doesn't seem to link to the image files for some reason

Doesn't look like you're opening the correct HTML file or it's is in the right place, mine is outside the main folders....

This is my file path for exactly the same extension as you have shown...

C:\Users\Tony\Desktop\honda accord\Accord_esm7gen_2003_2007\esm7gen\HONDAESM.HTML

Maybe main HTML file extension in that folder is hidden?

In the top left of the pic you will see that is the same path that you have, I am opening the HTML. that folder is from searching, going to select something then it goes blank instead of opening up the path. I can see that there is no ESMmanualmain in the folder destination though so it looks as though it's trying to open up something that isn't there

Guys I've found the solution for any further problems. You have to turn off internet explorer security settings as it's not allowing ActiveX controls to be used, hence it was unable to access files on the computer as it couldn't run the scripts. Problem finally solved!

elmo298 said:
Guys I've found the solution for any further problems. You have to turn off internet explorer security settings as it's not allowing ActiveX controls to be used, hence it was unable to access files on the computer as it couldn't run the scripts. Problem finally solved!

Hi i am having exactly the same problem. How exactly did you turn off the security. The manual used to run perfectly on my pc but not any more.