What's new

Headlight bulb changing problem?

Tom163

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord CL7 VTEC
Hi everyone,

My drivers side low/dipped beam has gone and went to halford to get a replacement bulb and bought two of these which there guide said were correct and the internet aswel. 9006 12v 51w bulbs.

9006_Halogen_Bulb.jpg

Went to fit them and myne look nothing at all like them! can anyone help at all?

What myne looks like-

P1010035.jpg

P1010037.jpg

Cheers
Tom

Hi everyone,

My drivers side low/dipped beam has gone and went to halford to get a replacement bulb and bought two of these which there guide said were correct and the internet aswel. 9006 12v 51w bulbs.

9006_Halogen_Bulb.jpg

Went to fit them and myne look nothing at all like them! can anyone help at all?

What myne looks like-

P1010035.jpg

P1010037.jpg

Cheers
Tom

You just need H1 bulbs I think....

They should be bog-standard H1's - I recently replaced mine with OSRAMs. By the way they are a sod to fit correctly as you need tiny hand and tough skin. I took mine to the garage and asked to be checked for alignment afterwards as with those projector lenses if the bulb isnt sitting true then you loose all focus and pattern

ps mine is a 2006 sport cdti tourer

As above, you need H1 bulbs ;).
Maybe you should use this oppertunity to get HID's in to your life ;)

Wrong bulb. As posted standard H1s required.
Another thing I noticed, when you fit the wiring to the new bulb, the push on fitment always seems slightly too big. The wiring connection feels slightly loose. However, mine has stayed connected so there seems to be no major issues.
Its an easy but fiddly job alright!

Thanks guys had a trip back down to halfords and they swapped them for some Bosch 448 12v 55w H1 bulbs-

My link

Any better?

Cheers
Tom

Cheers dude just fitted and all seems well :D but blown a side light in the process :( hahaha but will change that when I can be bothered lol.

Thanks everyone :D

Cheers dude just fitted and all seems well :D but blown a side light in the process :( hahaha but will change that when I can be bothered lol.

Thanks everyone :D

I replaced my (dipped) bulbs with Halford's "Ultra Bright H1 bulbs". Even with their 2 for 1 deal they were expensive at €30, but they are bright!

On the subject of the sidelight, you need to remove the wheel arch liner but even so, these are simple enough to replace. More details in the driver's manual ...

Hi Team,

I am having the same exact problem as described.
I took a look at my high beams and low beams and even though the high beam bulb says H11 it resembles a standard H1 bulb.

I purchased a set of H11 HID bulbs for my high beams which the part finder said would work, but taking a look at the shape, I'm not sure it will.

Is There a particular set of HID i should purchase, if so please let me know.

arab said:
you need to remove the wheel arch liner
Is this what you diesel boys have to go through?

No wheel arch liner removal for me :) :)