What's new

headlight bulb clip

Busted

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord I-CDTI Estate
According to Honda, the thin bit of wire that holds the dipped beam headlight bulb in cannot be bought separately and I'll need a whole new headlight to get one!!! Any ideas? Since I took my crappy hids out, the wire doesn't quite hold the bulb straight......

Is it broke if not you might be able to bend the clip back to shape to give more spring

...so long as you've got girly hands with freakishly long fingers... good luck!

PS - Brett, where's your avatar gone?

Not sure Jon I will check when I get home mate I'm on the mobile

It's not broke, just bent into a curve to get it around the bulb. I can't believe they don't sell the part! I've got it out so will just have to bend it :(

It's not broke, just bent into a curve to get it around the bulb. I can't believe they don't sell the part! I've got it out so will just have to bend it :(

Hi guys sorry to hijack this thread, but the question is related. Bit of a schoolboy question - but how do you remove the wire clip that holds the H1 bulb in place ? Is it a question of pinching the two wires, or is the clip on a hinge - and if so is the hinged side top or bottom ???
Any piccie or video guide would be appreciated.
Sorry guys.......really don't want to buy cheap (as in nasty) Halfords bulbs just to get them to fit them. I'm usually pretty handy with these things, but this has stumped me.

Thanks very much.

Hi guys sorry to hijack this thread, but the question is related. Bit of a schoolboy question - but how do you remove the wire clip that holds the H1 bulb in place ? Is it a question of pinching the two wires, or is the clip on a hinge - and if so is the hinged side top or bottom ???
Any piccie or video guide would be appreciated.
Sorry guys.......really don't want to buy cheap (as in nasty) Halfords bulbs just to get them to fit them. I'm usually pretty handy with these things, but this has stumped me.

Thanks very much.

Don't worry - found this !!
http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/12068-diy-7th-gen-dipped-beam-headlight-bulb-change/page__p__134646__hl__headlight__fromsearch__1#entry134646

Thanks. : :)

http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_large_image_C50.php?block_01=17SED01&block_02=B__0800&block_03=517

Even the drawings are confusing, on mine the clip has only one retaining hook. Hope you find a way round it.