What's new

Headlight bulbs

Naz as Jason said it depends on the crack, but you'll probably get away with it with normal bulbs for a while - absolute no-no for HIDs though! Time to start looking for a replacement headlight unit I'd say, should get one under £100.

Naz as Jason said it depends on the crack, but you'll probably get away with it with normal bulbs for a while - absolute no-no for HIDs though! Time to start looking for a replacement headlight unit I'd say, should get one under £100.

Thanks Trev & Jason for the advice - looks like a replacement unit then!

How easy are these to replace?

How easy are these to replace?

Pretty straight-forward if you're handy with a spanner. You'll need to remove the front bumper, the holding frame for the headlamp and cables. I've done it before, twice :rolleyes: so I'd probably do it in about 40 minutes. First time to strip and re-fit was about 1.5 hours.

There's a DIY here somewhere.

Pretty straight-forward if you're handy with a spanner. You'll need to remove the front bumper, the holding frame for the headlamp and cables. I've done it before, twice :rolleyes: so I'd probably do it in about 40 minutes. First time to strip and re-fit was about 1.5 hours.

There's a DIY here somewhere.

A quick update: took out the bulb and refitted it - appears to have corrected the alignment issue so it could be that when I installed the bulb in the dark it didn't seat properly. Ok for the interim, however at some point I will go ahead and get the whole unit replaced.

good going naz mate, since you know there is crack buddy its a good idea to get a replacement unit..but good going :)