What's new

Headlight Eyelids/Eyebrows

mutsaip

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.4i Type S
Not sure if this has been discussed before, but has anybody fitted headlight eyebrows on their car? I was curious how these would look on a Accord, if anyone has pics. I found these pricey ones on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acura-TSX-04-05-Headlight-Eyelids-Eyebrows-Polyurethane-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem483dc89864QQitemZ310274201700QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_2109wt_939
They come in carbon fibre too, which I am thinking of getting them - certainly not at that price. I found a hazy pic of a Tourer with eyebrows on Acurazine. http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=657174 It looks good to me though.

I was thinking of some light smoke tint film but then decided against it as I think it looks a bit chav. Those eyebrows are horrible mate.

_el-vin-14482_b.jpg

Never seen a car look stoned before. B)

Not a great look for me if I am honest.

Still considering a lens smoke effect though....agree on a black car it looks a bit naff, but on graphite... A bit more subtle - who had it down on the old forum - one of the Irish lads was it not?

I've never been a fan of Eyelids on cars.
If you want the "bad boy" look then get a new bonnet that when closed comes over the lights a little, and do it properly.
Eyelids just look like an after thought.
Just my opinion. B)

Naaa those lights kinda look like they shrunk in the wash.

CHAV look, not nice at all but its your motor mate, do what you like

Have a look at the black TL in this link. That looks like an act of desperation if I may say
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

http://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5003626

_el-vin-14482_b.jpg

Never seen a car look stoned before. B)

Not a great look for me if I am honest.

Still considering a lens smoke effect though....agree on a black car it looks a bit naff, but on graphite... A bit more subtle - who had it down on the old forum - one of the Irish lads was it not?

***uming you mean the car at the bottom of the link..... Oh Dear!!!!!!

1001284ul1.jpg

i dunno but it just doesn't suite it... it doesn't look chavy but off like u can tell something is wrong with it it doesn't look normal

Have a close look at these on this Accord: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1r95daPQ4A

i dunno but it just doesn't suite it... it doesn't look chavy but off like u can tell something is wrong with it it doesn't look normal

With this post from above, that mutsaip posted.
The eyelids in that vid are very subtile.
These ones do give the car a little more of an agressive look, but then you need to look at the whole picture.
What has the owner of that car done to it as far as mods go?
If it were my car I would make up a list of mods that I want done to the car, once I had a clear idea or picture of what I wanted to achieve after all the mods were done.
Then from there I would for eg: Change the alloys and tyres first. (This simple "mod" if you wanna call it that, can change the look of the car copmpletely.)
From there, if I were gonna concenrate on the exterior of the car, I would think about a body kit. Once again this depends on weather you wanna go big or subtile.
Then you might decide on lowering the car.
Only once you have done all of that I would suggest toying with the idea of eye lids.

I know this seems like overkill haha.
But I've modified cars in the past and have had 3 cars in differant magazines, including Max Power and so on.

This, of course is just my opinion, and everyone has differant ideas of what they want done to their cars.
It's your car. Your car like you is an individual.
Make it so.

;)

I see your point, its about the whole pic
wink.gif
. I think I prefer the subtle route without going too much overboard. The brows in the video are not bad and I will fit them on my car if i find em in carbon finish.

If you cant find them in a corbon finish a little trick I learnt was to get just the set you want but like in black or something and then get some carbon "sticker/ wrap" if you know what I mean.

Apply it to the eyelids, making sure youve cleaned the surface off properly with alcohol swabs or something and also making sure there are no air bubbles, then place them in the oven for about a minute or so.
I did something similar to a tailgate of a pick up I modified a few years back and the finish was great.
Just keep an eye on the items while they are in the oven.
Also when you take them out they will be soft and very pliable (bendy).
Let them cool down and make sure there are no bubbles and so on.

I had that idea in mind- using carbon vinyl wrap which I already have. Will have the brows early in the new year. If they suit the car I'l carbon wrap them, along with the boot spoiler lip. So for now, all is still on the drawing board. But how durable is carbon vinyl wrap??

If you cant find them in a corbon finish a little trick I learnt was to get just the set you want but like in black or something and then get some carbon "sticker/ wrap" if you know what I mean.

Apply it to the eyelids, making sure youve cleaned the surface off properly with alcohol swabs or something and also making sure there are no air bubbles, then place them in the oven for about a minute or so.
I did something similar to a tailgate of a pick up I modified a few years back and the finish was great.
Just keep an eye on the items while they are in the oven.
Also when you take them out they will be soft and very pliable (bendy).
Let them cool down and make sure there are no bubbles and so on.

Thanx for your input Ross, i'l let you know how I get on
smile.gif