What's new

Headlight jet washer faulty driver side

Mohsin

Members
Reaction score
Car
DTEC 2.2 EX GT 2009
Hi Guys,

I have a Honda Accord 2009 2.2 Diesel Executive. I have noticed a issue with one of my headlight jet washers, the driver side comes out of the bumper but does not go back in when pressed. I do not want to go to the dealer as they will charge quite a lot to repair this, I have been quoted by the dealer £166 for the nozzle, but I am unsure what the exact fault is whether it is the nozzle or does this part also have a motor?

Also does anyone know anyone who I can take this to be looked at? Any help would be appreciated

thanks
Mohsin

I think they are just pushed up by the water pressure and then drop back when it stops. Might be worth squirting a bit of WD40 around it in case it just needs lubricating.

Beyond that you could take the front bumper off and have a look. Not too hard once you've done it, just a few screws and push clips. Might be best left until its warmer and drier unless you have access to a garage.

Link here to the instructions, very bottom of the page in the pdf files, its the front sports bumper pdf you want.

http://accordownersclub.co.uk/showwiki.php?***le=Accord+Wiki:8th+Gen+Honda+Accord+Saloon+Genuine+Accessories

Do this only happen when we get a frost ?
If so this was a normal thing on the 7gen so might be the same