What's new

Headlights Looking New

Gaz172

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4 Manual
When I bought the accord the headlights looked dull and fogged up, they all seemed to be the same on each one I looked at, anyways my lanlady scuffed my bumper while parking her car (women drivers :lol: ) while speaking to the lad that was doing my bumper I mentioned if it was easy to fit new headlights after explaining and showing the problem. To which he replied leave it with me, anyways picked the car up the other night and he has got the lights almost new again by polishing them :D

I tried to take some before pics but they look not bad :lol:

Lights Before
IMAG0316.jpg

After
IMAG0318.jpg

Bumper Before
IMAG0315.jpg

After
IMAG0319.jpg

He charges £35 for the work which is better than £300 a light I was looking at :lol:

Nice work;)

If anyone wants to give it a try without buying a one-off pack, I got the following results with Halfords Rubbing Compound, Meguiars Plast-X plastic polish, Turtle Wax Extra Gloss Sealer - and a bitta elbow grease ;)

lightscopy.jpg

Lovely job good work fella

Looking good mate! Who did that? Anywhere near London? Think mine requires a cleaning of some sort ;)

Cheers guys, i love the lights now, well apart from the orange indicator

Looking good mate! Who did that? Anywhere near London? Think mine requires a cleaning of some sort ;)

I'm about 60 miles from london (andover, Hampshire) I'm sure there would be somoeone closer. Its only polishing them. I can pass you the sprayers details if you want tho?

ive also had decent results using Xerapol plastic polish

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XERAPOL-PLASTIC-POLISH-AND-ACRYLIC-SCRATCH-REMOVAL-KIT-/110721147612?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item19c77ea2dc&_uhb=1

If you haven't got a polisher, this is a good little kit from 3m that can be used on a drill. http://www.3mselect.co.uk/p-2639-3m-headlight-restoration-kit.aspx

Yes, but if your lights are ****ed then it is by far the lesser of two evils.

Just recoat the lights with a decent wax or sealant.

does this process not remove the UV coating from the plastic?
That's why the lights go foggy, the UV coating wears off after a while and the sun damages the lenses. The best bet is to polish them and recoat them every few months. After a considerable amount of research, I bought a Mothers PowerBall 4Lights Headlight Restoration Kit from Amazon.com for $21 plus postage and some UV wipes from Motorgeeks. Sadly, because of the weather and the fact that my cordless drill battery has died, I haven't been able to do it yet. As soon as I can get it done I will let you know the results.