What's new

Headlights on when unlocking the car... Possible?

just found this on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Universal-Automatic-Headlight-Sensor-Coming-Leaving-Home-Light-sensor-Kit-/400439215301?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Safety_Security&hash=item5d3c0984c5

it seems to do the same, however also includes a auto sensor thing to turn ur lights on when it gets dark...i wouldnt want this feature but might be tempted to try it just for the lights on delay when the engine is switched off/unlocked.

from the above scheme for me it's a little hard to understand the IG,CS,DL connections...how hard or easy is to do this ones ?
the other thing is that on petrol it's known for the small battery 45A so how much it will consume the mod in stand by ! i guess more than 20 ma should not!

Brodziu I want one dude. Do get one for your car and i'll be wanting one for sure
when I get one I'll let you know as it seems that more people are interested, so maybe we can organize some group buy.

I'd like to register my interest too! This sounds awesome and really very affordable
ok, you're next on the list ;-)

just found this on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Universal-Automatic-Headlight-Sensor-Coming-Leaving-Home-Light-sensor-Kit-/400439215301?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Safety_Security&hash=item5d3c0984c5

it seems to do the same, however also includes a auto sensor thing to turn ur lights on when it gets dark...i wouldnt want this feature but might be tempted to try it just for the lights on delay when the engine is switched off/unlocked.
it's not the same as this one works with dipped lights, also it has just C/L home option, auto turning lights are standard on some accords, I think just facelift? correct me if I'm wrong, the main function of this module which I posted is DRL which use main beam at lower power.

the other thing is that on petrol it's known for the small battery 45A so how much it will consume the mod in stand by ! i guess more than 20 ma should not!
this unit it's connected to ignition instead of alternator as alternators in our cars doesn't charge battery constantly that's why there is small clutch in alternator, if you would connect that to alternator then DRL would turn on and off. anyway you can adjust the length of C/L home lights so I don't think so that 10 second of your C/L home lights will dry your battery ;-)

hi guys, just wanted to let you know that today I fitted this module and it works great :) it took my about an hour to do all job, but I forgot to put the fuse :blush: and I was wondering why it doesn't work, but it's ok now. I didn't take a pictures, but you've seen how it work.

I can ask the seller if he will ship to UK, but it will be better if we would have few more members fancy that kit.

Grzesiek is there any chance you could do us a quick YouTube video when you get the chance please? I would be very interested in this! Is your car the pre facelift or facelift?

Cheers

not my car, but I've got same module and this guy helped me to fit mine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JUpvKuHM70#t=50

I've got facelift model and as far as I know there is some difference in cable colours between facelift and pre facelift, but anyway, cables from the module needs to be connected to both full beam light wires, any indicator wire, side light wire, ground, live and live after you turn the ignition on.

Grzesiek can you just confirm what exactly this does, get a vid up of your car in action please?

I've seen a generic one on ebay for about £20 however i'm interested for sure. However i want to connect mine to the fog lamps

TypeR there's link to youtube on my previous post what this thing do, but to clarify, when you unlock or lock the car coming/leaving home will turn on ( you can adjust brightness and time how long you want them to stay on ) then when you turn the ignition on DRL will turn on ( you can adjust brightness, the way how they will turn on, I mean by the ignition or by the current in the car installation, but it won't work in accords as alternator is not charging all the time so in result they will go on and off every time alternator would start charging) DRL's will go off automatically when you switch to dipped lights, everything can be set only by using combination of main beam and side lights switch.
I don't know how to connect this to fog lights as in this relay side lights are giving impulse turn off DRL's when you turn on dipped lights, where in fog lights, side lights need to be on.

Thing is i don't want the DRL feature and just the coming home lights. Can that be turned on only?

Shabs, i am similar to you - I don't want the DRL feature I just want my fog lights to turn on and off as coming home/leaving home lights, if not fog lights then dipped beam maybe.

I think it's possible to get it work with fogs, wires just need to be connected to cables from fogs instead of cables from full beam, and then disable DRL's but that's only my thoughts, but I also someone more knowledgeable about electrical stuff will connect it properly.

TypeR said:
Yes it folds when you lock and unfolds when you turn ignition on. Its a custom made circuit made by previous owner. You to remember the non face lift 7th gen never came with Power folding mirrors so I retro fitted them. Even better is that the mirrors are Genuine JDM ones and not the usual UK spec
I'd be interested in a unit to do this job, for definite.