What's new

headlights

philly vtec

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord type-s
hey guys im wondering does the 2003 honda accord 2.4 s come with xeon lights is it in the headlights or the bulbs and can i change them?

Philip im sure some early cl9 come with factory fitted HID'S but not all.You will be able to tell by the light output mate.

im not sure maybe my bulbs wher changed thier is a small hint off blue on the outside edge off the light when im again a car but nothing major wher do i get the lught output?

Pretty sure only the 2.4 executive came with xenon lights as standard. A HID upgrade is an easy and worthy mod and has been discussed and done plenty of times on the forum.

In fact I really miss my HID lights since getting the Merc.

Filament bulbs can show blue hints as well. Do they take about 3 seconds to get to full brightness?

Good point Trev a sure way of telling.

If you have headlight washers then you probably have Xenons

Only the 2.4 executive came with HIDs - although a handful in the UK didn't. We didn't get HIDs here at all.

The easiest way to check if OEM fit is to see of you've a headlight levelling adjuster in the cabin (next to the VSA button) if you do then you dont have OEM HIDs

Only the 2.4 executive came with HIDs - although a handful in the UK didn't. We didn't get HIDs here at all.

The easiest way to check if OEM fit is to see of you've a headlight levelling adjuster in the cabin (next to the VSA button) if you do then you dont have OEM HIDs
Did some aftermarket kits come with levelling adjusters then?

Far too much work to fit auto-leveling to aftermarket kits. That's why Jay said OEM HIDs won't have the adjuster by the steering wheel.

The all have adjusters (halogen and HID) the difference is that HIDs are self levelling. This is done by measuring the difference in height between the front and rear drop of the body. For halogens you must manually adjust this in the cabin.

In Ireland we didn't get HIDs in our 2.4 executives as these had to be ordered with Sat Nav and it pushed the retail cost up by 5K euro. Honda Ireland didn't bring these in

Type S models were not fitted (nor offered as an option) with HIDs from the factory, according to my 2003 uk sales brochure

paddy spec Ireland as usual.

hardly no cars on the forecourts in Ireland would sell in the uk, due to the spec.

There will be no manual headlight aim adjuster switch if they have Xeon lamps as by law the have to be auto adjusting, there is a sensor on the rear suspension arm instead.

Also, there MUST be headlight washers but my accord has these with standard bulbs so that doesn't help much ;)

in the UK any Accord 2.4 EX which has Auto Transmission comes with factory fitted Xenons, others don't...

There will be no manual headlight aim adjuster switch if they have Xeon lamps as by law the have to be auto adjusting.
As above that's only if they're factory fit OEM, they could be aftermarket retrofit which definitely won't be auto adjust.

in the UK any Accord 2.4 EX which has Auto Transmission comes with factory fitted Xenons, others don't...

Thats incorrect, ALL pre-facelift 2.4 Executive came with HID from factory manual or auto.
Facelift 2.4 EX only came with HID if ADAS were fitted, otherwise they're standard halogen projector lamp with manual adjuster as per the sale brochure and this Advert.

The 2.4 manual transmission EX comes with (gen 7) comes with HIDs....

My self leveling headlights are miss aligned after it came out the body shop for some reason the driver side is a good 1-2" inch higher than the passenger but I can't see anyway to manually adjust it back down, I've only found the adjuster to move then left/right has anyone else had this problem and knows how to adjust it ?

some great thoughts here my car comes with headlight ajustment switch beside the traction control switch so this means no Xenon then???

some great thoughts here my car comes with headlight ajustment switch beside the traction control switch so this means no Xenon then???

Means you don't have oem ones, doesn't mean you can't fit em yourself tho! ;) I did and have to admit, I didn't think much of them, although that was probably just me as others seem to get on with them well!

No factory fit HIDS. Some people stick in HID bulbs into the halogen housing. So your car may have HIDs though if this is done its a poor job and will scatter light. Also an MOT fail I think

@Accord Brit. The adjustment is the same as a halogen enclosure.

My self leveling headlights are miss aligned after it came out the body shop for some reason the driver side is a good 1-2" inch higher than the passenger but I can't see anyway to manually adjust it back down, I've only found the adjuster to move then left/right has anyone else had this problem and knows how to adjust it ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAE2ZUMHhOQ