What's new

headlights

Some people stick in HID bulbs into the halogen housing. So your car may have HIDs though if this is done its a poor job and will scatter light. Also an MOT fail I think
It won't scatter light as the Accord has projector lenses not reflectors. It's also not an MOT fail.
You're right that it may have HIDs fitted though, which is why at the start of this I said check whether the light takes 3 seconds to come up to full brightness or not - easiest way to test for them.

Ahh thanks guys that's the perfect video! I always ***umed the up down diagram was for the rubber grommet to the left which could be adjusted up and down to make the bonnet sit higher/lower now I know that'y my headlight adjustment diagram and where the adjuster screw is located :D

It won't scatter light as the Accord has projector lenses not reflectors.

A common misunderstanding. The project lens used for Halogen bulbs are different (optically speaking) to those used for HIDs. Primary difference is the light source - a filament bulb is a single point, whereas a HID is an arc. If you use a projector designed for halogen with a HID light source you WILL get scatter. This guy explains it really well:

Daniel Stern Lighting

Basically, for HIDs you are supposed to have a proper enclosure.

It's also illegal under European Law as light sources such as HID or Halogen fitted to automobiles with reference luminous flux of 2,000 lumens or more need to have both washers and self-levellers fitted under European Regulation ECE R48

http://www.unece.org/trans/main/wp29/wp29regs/r048r5e.pdf

I normally don't bother explaining this as it's been done to death and the (well I'm the exception and my projectors are different are the usual response)

If you want to see the difference, this guy with a Lexus shows the difference between a HID source in a halogen housing (2nd photo down) and a proper HID projector (3rd photo down) http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-second-generation/416422-why-i-can-never-go-back-to-hid-kits-in-halogen-projectors-pic-intensive.html

good video pitty about the dog in the background lol

Ha! I couldn't quieten him as I'd kicked him out of the garage to work on the car! :D

A common misunderstanding. <snip>
No I knew all that, the fact is the difference is so miniscule it doesn't matter, when compared to the difference with projectors and reflectors. Reflectors scatter the light, like scatter it ALL OVER the place, projectors whether intended for filament or HID will cut off the light at the correct points and only the beam pattern will have different areas of light and dark compared to the proper ***embly. HIDs are still much better than filaments for driving at night, regardless if they're aftermarket or not.
The law and MOTs has been done loads on this forum already, mostly by me :D .