What's new

Headunit display failure Non gps

chris@cmd

Members
Reaction score
Car
2003 Accord Type S
Hi, has anyone here experienced a failure of the LCD display on the standard 6 cd changer head unit?
I have just got mine and it's very strange as you can still get a cd in and out and the climate control still works etc but nothing comes up on the display nor any audio.

I'm ***uming it's going to require a new headunit combo but am going to try all the other options first.

Also I have checked all fuses etc but there is nothing blown on either board.

Thanks

Chris

hi and welcome to TA.

so there is nothing being displayed on the LCD screen at all? no in car temp, fan settings etc?
never heard of an lcd screen going before

Absolutely nothing, I can do without the radio aspect but not having the ac temp etc on the duel zone is frustrating.

The power on off button makes no changes to the screen it's just permanently blank

A call round the local breakers might be on order bud.

Sadly none of the buttons work in any combination nor any gestures of noise other than that of the CD motor.

I actually run a ELV recycling facility (posh version of a breakers) and have spoken to all in my area and non in for breaking at the moment.

I also am quite electrically competent with regards to car audio etc and used to build show cars for a living so had plenty of time making custom wiring loom adapters for lexus's etc..

I was sadly hoping this was a common thing and just requiring a quick fix...

am keeping an eye on one off eBay at the moment

it seems that in the states this is a common thing, as they extended the radio warranty for 7 years to cover this

also just to note... for some reason i thought this was the 6 disc changer where i have not been driving it ... its just the single disc unit

can a premium sound system be fitted directly into a type s that didnt have one already fitted?

If you do a search you'll see that I've got the same problem. The only way round it that I've found is to make sure there's no hesitation when turning on, by this I mean key in and engine started straight off, any hesitation and it won't work. The problem is a voltage drop, not sure quite how it effects the unit as I don't have the time to it. Another member did report the fuse box to be at fault, I've not progressed with that yet.

Hi, after being let down by no more than 3 eBay salvage companies on replacement head units I have found a fourth.

The unit is from a 2006 accord and is a non premium system, my only question is it going to be compatible?

My head unit has a front code of 2J20 and p/n of 39050-sea-e110-m1. Ref: rg723ra

The 2006 one is 39050-SED-E120-M1 with a reference number of RG725RC and front code of 2JK0

The rear plugs look the same but with this being a facelift model I'm just not certain

Many thanks