What's new

Headunit display gone- Help!

theballboy

Members
Reaction score
Car
06 accord cdti
Like the idiot that I am I think I have fried the display on my headunit.

I have been having battery problems recently and on my 3rd new batt (and car dying again) blamed my xcarlink in anger and ripped it out by tugging on the wiring and subsequently nipping the wires at the connecting block. (didnt have the the time to remove trim etc and was pouring down)

Anyway now the headunit display has gone - radio etc wont work but moreover the digital display / readout of climate , time etc has gone

removed trim and block from cd changer port of headunit but no good
checked fuse - seems fine

Anyideas?? do I need a new headunit now??

heres the issues of the thread regarding battery which caused me to do this silly move
http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/8035-2nd-new-battery-xcarlink/page__gopid__90021#entry90021

have you checked your fuses are ok ?

generally a fuse will blow instead of you frying your HU....

havnt checked them all but looked at the fuse table and checked the audio one - seems ok -
might just go and swap it out to see.

Would there be any other fuses that might be responsible?

mate it probably has more to do with the wires he has ripped out of it. Nothing a bit of patience and some electrical tape etc can't fix.

havnt checked them all but looked at the fuse table and checked the audio one - seems ok -
might just go and swap it out to see.

Would there be any other fuses that might be responsible?

just swapped it out with another - still not working

mate it probably has more to do with the wires he has ripped out of it. Nothing a bit of patience and some electrical tape etc can't fix.

I dont understand though, the wires ripped out of the terminals at the connecting block. I have removed the trim today to get at it properly and then removed the block that was attached to the cd changer port - but still not working. should obviously work if cd changer connector attached or not

i would then go along the route as crespo has said. remove HU (easy job) and make sure you have not ripped some wires.

I dont understand though, the wires ripped out of the terminals at the connecting block. I have removed the trim today to get at it properly and then removed the block that was attached to the cd changer port - but still not working. should obviously work if cd changer connector attached or not

you really need to first check fuses which i ***ume you have already done and if that doesn't work you need to take the headunit out and investigate further. Sometimes the longest job is the shortest route.