What's new

Heated seat swith backlight bulb?

Hodgi

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.0 EX
My DS heated seat switch bulb has blown.

Does anyone know what type of bulb it is?

Ta.

Paddy you can pick these up at the dealers for about £5.00 or maplins for around £1.20.
Do a search there are a few DIY,s as well

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/4241-heated-seat-switch-bulb-replacement/

Paddy you can pick these up at the dealers for about £5.00 or maplins for around £1.20.
Do a search there are a few DIY,s as well

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/4241-heated-seat-switch-bulb-replacement/

Cheers chum...

Should have used the search :rolleyes:

Must send you that few quid for the badge.

Though thinking about replacing them all (heaters, windows, CD player, dash)with white SMDs. Not a fan of the orange.

Cheers chum...

Should have used the search :rolleyes:

Must send you that few quid for the badge.

Though thinking about replacing them all (heaters, windows, CD player, dash)with white SMDs. Not a fan of the orange.
No probs Paddy just pm the details in my message when you want some :)

Can u replace all the orange bulbs in the dash for white then ? Is there a how too, to do this ?

Wich cars have orange? Because my 2007 2.0 executive came with green :(

My 2003 2.4 exec has orange coloured for most buttons and a white display for temp/radio at the top of dash.
If all the orange were white it would match up nicely.

are not these the bulbs he needs?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181200233972?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 these are 12v 1.2w and your link is with 14v
or and the shape of the bulb is different in your link ?

The bulbs for the switches in the main are filaments which can just be swapped over for an LED alternative. (T1 leds probably with an inline resistor of resistance 'X')

The bulbs that are on the head unit / climate control are surface mounted SMDs. (which will require desoldering and resoldering with the required colour change.)

I am going to do it next week when my exams are over so I will take a few photos to give folk an idea of what the procedure entails.

In the mean time would people be so kind as to point me in the directing of a guide to strip the center console and the doors. I could figure it out but would shorten the time taken!!

Also how is the dash clocks removed?

From looking at one of the posts by another member it may seem that the colour is from a filter and not the bulb itself.

It makes me think it may be near impossible to change the colour of the switches as the filter is in bedded in the switch itself. :rolleyes:

i've tried to take out the plastic cover so i can reach the heated seat button and i cant to lift that plastic cover...
some suggestions...because i can lift the part from the front but i'm stuck there, if i try to lift more doesn't want to get out...
afraid not to broken that cover...

i've managed to take it out very hard and indeed the lights were burn.. but in the same time you should check the bulb contacts but 90% is a worn bulb...
and the link above posted by me isn't good and the correct bulbs you can find at maplin, how another mate is saying bt43w
cheers