What's new

Heated Seat

Dave04

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Diesel
Hi I’ve had a search on here and came up with nothing, the drivers side heated seat stopped working a little while back so whilst the cars off the road I decided to take the seat out and have a look at the heat pads but I’m struggling to dismantle the seat and am now wondering if anyone else on here has done it and if so give me some guidance?? Any help will be much appreciated.

I have not done it but it has been done. You need to solder the broken wire you will find in your seat element. There was a guide for the US Acura TL on youtube but it has been blocked in this country. Maybe if you contact the guy who posted the video he will send you the video.??
The process should be nearly identical.

http://www.youtube.com/user/siterevision#p/u/0/J1Ftv3hnDXk

Yeh id found the post you'd made but the seat seems to dismantle differently in the accord, so im really stuck lol

Worth a look as the acura is the US version of the accord

http://joshsworld.com/cars/acura-tl-seat-heater-fix/

Oops, just noticed that crespo had posted

How far have you got so far in dismantling it? Which heating element has stopped working the top or bottom half?

well its sat in lounge now, Ive taken the piece of plastic off by the belt plug and im just trying to get the plastic on the front of the seat off, it has 4 clips of which i can get to 3 of them the other is held by a screw but covered by the bit of trim on the side of the seat. its that piece of trim i need to get off but dont know how. the leather is just folded under the seat and looks like it pretty much slides off once all this plastic is gone. the back pad has never worked and then bottom half stopped about a month ago.

well its sat in lounge now, Ive taken the piece of plastic off by the belt plug and im just trying to get the plastic on the front of the seat off, it has 4 clips of which i can get to 3 of them the other is held by a screw but covered by the bit of trim on the side of the seat. its that piece of trim i need to get off but dont know how. the leather is just folded under the seat and looks like it pretty much slides off once all this plastic is gone. the back pad has never worked and then bottom half stopped about a month ago.

make sure you take some pics as you go along. I need to do this but haven't got the balls to take apart my seat without a guide.

Yes mate will do, im gunna leave it for tonight now and give it another go tomorrow.