What's new

Heated seats.

crespo

TAF Member
Reaction score
Car
Accord EX 2.0 i-vtec
My heated seats dont seem to be working. I have checked the fuse and it seems to be ok.
Does anyone have any pointers as to what the problem could be as i really dont want to take the car to Honda and get my pants pulled down and spanked with a large bill this close to xmas.
Cheers.

only thing i can suggest is check for voltage to the seat heaters when switched on at the switch to eliminate the switch and then check the resistance of the heater elements themselves. i have no idea what the resistance value is without checking. main thing you need is a multimetre.

Ohms law is you friend - Volts(squared) divided by Watts = Resistance.

After a quick browse on Google it seems that this is a fairly common problem unfortunately.
It seems that the heated element inside the seat has a tendancy to burn out causing a break in the conection resulting in no warm bum.
The fix is to take apart the seat and solder a bit of copper cable between the fried wire and bingo, it should work again.
If anyone is interested there is a DIY video and picture guide on how to repair your heated seat element here http://joshsworld.com/cars/acura-tl-seat-heater-fix/.

Should be a royal pain in the bum to do but infinately cheaper than the 12 million that Honda will charge for the job.

Wow that's a great write up. I need to sort the heated seats on the Polo so might use this to help..