What's new

heated seats.

dmac

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda accord 2ltr se
the bottom part of seat not working , heat working on back rest any one had this problem

Only the back part of the seat is meant to heat up mate, I can't remember but if you look at the switch it only has arrows coming from the backrest

If you check the parts list at Kings it does show a heating element on the base and seat back.

Mine is the same though, I can't work out how to get the leather covers off though so can't fix it.

Guys on the 7th and 8th gen the heater is on base and back.Im sure the passenger has only go base though if i remember.

The base part of my drivers seat heater was not working when I bought the car 2 years ago. The back works okay though. Mine is a 7th generation and the base and back of the passenger seat works fully. Can't as yet be bothered to pull the seat apart to solder the wiring. Picked up how to fix the problem on this site.

the drivers seat did work on the base but then started getting very hot under left leg then it went off .

On my 6th gen, The base of my drivers seat did heat up but would heat up so much that it would burn my A*** . lol... After a while it stopped working and now just the backrest heats up. The passenger seat is still fully functional.

I think that the element must have died/burned out. I think they work on the same principles as an electric blanket for your bed, which is quite a worrying thought really..

On my 6th gen, There is a base and back heater pad that can be changed, on the pre-face lift ie 1998-2000 the new pad needs to be soildered in and on the face lift models thay were re-desgined with a two pin connector so if getting a new pad from honda make sure you order the correct 1.

i bought my car 9months ago and changed the seats but both my base elements were gone, thought thats just how they were till i check with honda, orderd up two and fitted them in about 5 hours :D the leather is helled with metal clips under neath and then pull off the element is counter sunk into the seat, replace and rebuild.

i did it in the car due to not having space to put the seats if i reomved them but it would be much easier to remove them.