What's new

HELP! ABS/VSA fault

J_VTEC

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Type S
Hi All

Took advantage of the nice weather today and went for a drive. On the way back home, the ABS and VSA lights came on and wouldn't go out. I'm guessing it's a fault with the ABS that's throwing the VSA off but won't know for sure till I get it looked at. I was wondering if anyone else on here has had this problem and if so, what was it and was it expensive to fix?

Here's a pic:

IMAG0120.jpg

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Yeah, it's a 2.4 Type S. Been looking at the thread on VSA, hope it's not the module that's gone, if so, I'm looking at a 2k Bill!

Very unlikely to be module mate on a petrol plus normally only the explanation sign comes up when module goes (well did on mine when mine went) my guess wheel sensor mate dont panic get it on diagnostics tomorrow and enjoy rest of the sun today

Cheers fellas!

I was hoping it could be a wheel sensor as when I knocked the ignition off when I went to put petrol in, all the lights went out when I fired it up again only to come back on again 5 mins later!

Wheel sensor mate get the code read to tell you what one.

Thanks Brett. I'll get it sorted. It's due a service anyway.

I'm thinking the ABS works in conjunction with the VSA? If the ABS is off, it might effect the VSA. Just speculating at this point though.

mine does this every now and then it wont come on for months and then it comes on 5 times on the way back home all i do is flick the key and it goes off

mate did you happen to wash your car on the same day ???? I jet washed my car one day and all the lights came on like a xmas tree, i promptly shat myself and prepared for the worse, after a few dry days they all went off.

Only happens when I wash the car,,,, hence its minging now !!

Lol. No I haven't washed it for a couple of weeks. Winner if it's a dirty protest or something?

Just a quick update...

Turns out my off side rear wheel sensor needed a clean! Got it done, ABS code reset but had to go to Honda to get the VSA code reset! £46! Robbing b#stards ! Still, all done now!

LOL! washing a car isnt going to bring up the fault unless your doing something stupid like putting a jet washer all over the ABS pump....