What's new

Help Identifying Strange Issue Please

Dohcvtec

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.0 Accord Type S
Hi,

I am new to the forum so please go easy on me. I have a 2.0 type s accord with full service history, 80,000 miles on the clock. I notice when the car is on full lock when parked that I hear a knocking sound which seems to be coming from the gearbox, if I engage the clutch the noise disappears. Similarly if the car revs for more power the noise disappears and if I rev the car without engaging the clutch the noise disappears.

I appreciate that its difficult to diagnose the fault over the internet, I thought I would ask incase someone else had a similar issue. Also I jacked the car up and found a lot of play in the passenger side driveshaft, I am unsure if this is related or a seperate issue.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum Adam.
The knocking sound might be to do with your power steering if you say it's on full lock.
Check your fluid as well.Also it's strange you say when you put your clutch in the noise goes.
This could also be the clutch release bearing but see what other members say.

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]Sorry for the late reply, its been a hectic few weeks. Thanks for your response, I took the car to a local garage who confirmed everything was okay.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]As I have only owned the car a few months I am still discovering the 'ghosts' with it, everything seems to be running as solid as it should be,although I have noticed an intermittent whining noise from time to time as the car clutch begins to bite on a slight incline. Just wondering if anyone else has had this fault?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]Thanks.[/SIZE]

I'm ***uming this is only happening in 1st gear and not every time. Mine does it. It can be caused by moisture build up in the clutch while the car's sat not being driven. It can also be linked to a not fully functioning release bearing. Mine's done it intermittently for about 3 years, but it's never got bad enough or consistent enough to warrant doing anything about it. I'd say keep an eye on it and if it becomes frequent enough or begins to be linked to some adverse clutch functionality, get it to a garage.

That's it! You have described it perfectly.

Is this a common problem with the accords? Is your accord a petrol Aswell?

I'm still undecided if it's worth getting anything done about it, the sound only lasts a few seconds and happens intermittently.

Thanks for your help