What's new

Help newboe with these questions

willy

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord CL9 Tyoe S
Posted this in the newbie forum but not sure if that the right place :rolleyes:

Thinking about ordering these part soon and just wondering if you guys could help me?

1. Thinking about to do HID and just wondering if this the right one and also do i have to take the headlight out? Can i use bulb holder/cup that came with the car? HID
There also condensation a wee bit on the headlight and just wondering if 100g bags big enough?
2. Also thinking about install better sound system but trying to keep the budget down so, is the standard stereo powerful enough for upgraded front speaker (what size, is it component?) and rear 6x9s?
Also Which xcarlink for Ipod and mp3 with 3.5mm jack as i'm a bit lost at the moment. Do i have to the stereo out?
3. Going to get coilovers and just wondering if BC coilovers quite good and also which one as when i checked their site, there's 3 different ones?
4. Thinking about upgrading the interior with LED and what size of LED for the sunvisor and the rest?
5. Anybody know where can i get full catback system, preferably Greddy as i had Greddy and the sound was just beautiful on my RX8
6. Are CL7 and Acura TSX parts fit on my CL9? i.e catback, coilovers, etc?
7. Is the chrome grill paintable to match the body colour because when i asked my local body shop they said the paint won't really stick to it?

Many many thanks and sorry if these questions already covered before. I've searched and read some of the posts and still not sure

It looks like your post has been moved to the correct section.Try the search button most of your questions are all there to see.

Yeah i've done some research and still confused mate, just don't want to buy something that found out won't fit my car :(

Thanks

Yeah i've done some research and still confused mate, just don't want to buy something that found out won't fit my car :(

Thanks
As for the HID its a H1 fitting conversion kit you need and its plug and play.Your car is a 7th gen is it not if so have a look at the link and make your choice.The 2nd one down is where i brought mine London lights.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1311&_nkw=h1+hid+kit&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Thanks a lot mate, do you know what size LED for the sunvisor and vanity?

Thanks
Hear you go all the bulbs types are on Javs excellent thread.

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/567-diy-full-led-conversion/

Yeah read that one, so they all 31mm?

Thanks
The sun visors are but double check with a tape measure for the 2 reading lights and rear lights.

Ok, just going to order tonight and the car down in the garage just now.

i'll check tomorrow.

Thanks a lot mate for your help.

Also just wondering if anybody know if the standard stereo powerful enough for upgraded front speakers and 6x9s? And also what size the front speakers?

Thanks

7. Is the chrome grill paintable to match the body colour because when i asked my local body shop they said the paint won't really stick to it?

It will be if you rub it down to the plastic\remove the chrome. As your bodyshop guys says, you can't paint on top of chrome.

As I say just rub the chrome down back to the plastic and you can do what you want with it.