Help with clutch issue

markquinton

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Ex 2.0 i-vtec
Hi Guys

I wonder if you can help.

A few days ago all of a sudden my clutch peddle bite went completely and the clutch peddle collapsed to the floor and it needed lifting up manually every so often.The car was undriveable to i had to be be recovered and taken to Mr Clutch. They looked at the car and diagnosed the problem as being the master cylinder and also advised that the slave cylinder was replaced at the same time.

However i picked the car up after the work was complete and the clutch peddle feels different and the bite seems to be in a different position but more importantly I am 100% sure that the gearbox is more notchy and more difficult to engage than it was before and the clutch needs to be depressed further than before to get as smooth a gear change as possible.

I don't know whether to take the car back to Mr Clutch and ask them to take a look. I know nothing about car mechanics and wondered if there is something that can be adjusted anywhere or whether i simply need a new clutch as well but the clutch doesn't slip at all.

Any advice is welcome.

Regards

Mark

p.s the car is a 2001 1.8 sport with 81k.

Hi,

The same thing happened to me, although I replaced it myself.
The clutch master cylinder/clutch pedal can be adjusted, which will influence the pedal height as well as the point where the clutch starts to "bite".

Go back there and explain them the situation. Tell them the pedal needs to be properly adjusted.

Thanks very much.

The bite isn't REALLY low, just different to how it was. Would an adjustment make it easier to engage gears smoothly?

Yes, the adjustment will surely change the way the gears engage.

Mine did this - had the master and slave cylinders replaced...problem solved....