What's new

HELP

MOGGBRIAN

Members
Reaction score
Car
MOGG
MY EM LIGHT HAS JUST COME ON ....THE CAR WILL DRIVE NORMALLY BUT WHEN IT GETS WARM THE ENGINE WILL NOT GO ABOVE 2000 RPM?

MY EM LIGHT HAS JUST COME ON ....THE CAR WILL DRIVE NORMALLY BUT WHEN IT GETS WARM THE ENGINE WILL NOT GO ABOVE 2000 RPM?

A brief introduction and telling us what car you have would be a good idea, so we can help you....

Welcome Brian sounds like your car has gone into limp mode.
Do a search there are plenty of threads about this

Pop a paper clip in the service connector in the passenger foot well and pull the code by seeing how many times the EML light flashes, then report back B)

Pop a paper clip in the service connector in the passenger foot well and pull the code by seeing how many times the EML light flashes, then report back B)
What he said. :lol:

opps sorry...i have a 53 plate accord exec 2.2 diesel with 115000 full service history on it ...the light has gone off but since come back on....it roars over 2000rpm when cold but limps when warm .....btw paper clip??? r u having a laff????

Straighten a paperclip and then bend it into a u shape.

There will be a 2 pin service connector under the dash somewhere , it is blue on my 2002, not sure about the 7th gen or where it is in the car.

Shove the paperclip in the the two pins, turn on your ignition and the eml will flash long and short flashes. Ie three long flashes followed by six short flashes will be fault code 36. Someone will hopefully have a list of codes and tell you potentially what the fault could be.

Dude your car is a 7th gen. This is posted in the wrong section. Do yourself a favour and do not put a paper clip anywhere near your car as its not a 6th gen. Then go and change your fuel filter because it has probably not been done for donkeys (must be genuine Honda) then thank me later.

Failing that get the code read and post it in the 7th gen section and we can help you further.

Dude your car is a 7th gen. This is posted in the wrong section. Do yourself a favour and do not put a paper clip anywhere near your car as its not a 6th gen. Then go and change your fuel filter because it has probably not been done for donkeys (must be genuine Honda) then thank me later.

Failing that get the code read and post it in the 7th gen section and we can help you further.

cheers will do that asap....the light has gone off now but if it needs doing it needs doing!

Fuel filter would be a good start, make sure it a genuine Honda part these engines are very fussy indeed. Neil's advice should be good to follow

Hi
The egr valve is becoming common now. Unfortunately they can only be cleaned to a certain degree and will probably need changing. Again not cheap if it is egr valve. However Fahad on the site offers a remap service which can by pass the egr valve. Have a look in the premier tuning section and contact Fahad, he will be able to discuss this further. It's alot cheaper using fahads option.

Hi
The egr valve is becoming common now. Unfortunately they can only be cleaned to a certain degree and will probably need changing. Again not cheap if it is egr valve. However Fahad on the site offers a remap service which can by pass the egr valve. Have a look in the premier tuning section and contact Fahad, he will be able to discuss this further. It's alot cheaper using fahads option.
Cant afford to get it fixed at the moment will it do any damage to the car if i waited till i could afford it?

If it was me I wouldent drive the car.
If the car is going into limp mode it is protecting itself from serias damage.
Driving the car like this will only add to the problem.
As Shabz said look at the DIY and clean it 1st as this might cure your problem.

Did the fuel filter the light has come back on again! there is a fault code for an EGR valve...sounds expensive! Any ideas...why does it go wrong???

Would be helpful if you could give us the code as to say it is the EGR valve is a bit of a blanket statement to be honest.

Do you have a service history for the car and as such when was the air filter last changed ?

Would be helpful if you could give us the code as to say it is the EGR valve is a bit of a blanket statement to be honest.

Do you have a service history for the car and as such when was the air filter last changed ?
full service history done at honda...air filter i will have to dig about for but the egr valve was the diag machines only thing....i will see if theres a code..

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/722-intake-manifold-and-egr-cleaning-on-i-ctdi/

full service history done at honda...air filter i will have to dig about for but the egr valve was the diag machines only thing....i will see if theres a code..
the car only limps when its warm, is this right???? sometimes the light go on then sometimes it goes off...its a bit weired really???

Seems to have sorted it self out after a real long drive! And got 60mpg at 70mph on a run!!! BONUS!!!