What's new

HFT and Voice Activated Sat Nav.

Ross3r

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 I-CDTi
Hey guys and gals.
Right I think I've just totally plastered all over this fourm that I got my car today. YAY!!!!!!!!!
Now...
I read the Manual about the HFT and Voice Activated Sat Nav.
I'm still non the wiser. haha.
Does anyone know of a how to video or something showing or explianing how to use these features?

Thanks in advance. :D

Nice one there Pepster, you've just saved me a lot of headache.
I've got a Nokia N97. Looks like ít's not the best phone, as it's not compatible.
But.... there is light on the horizon.
I'm due a upgarde in a week so I will be going for the I-phone 4 or 3GS, both of which are completely compatible.

Good times.
:D

Thanks actually good to know.
lol. Yeah I remember when bluetooth came out in SA. Everyone was raving about it. Then they said oh it's only got a range of 10 meters or something. I remember thinking, whats the use of that?
Oh well.
So looks like I'll have to become pro I-Phone as apposed against it.
If you cant beat em, might as well join em.
:D

Lets us know who it pans out , just for experimental purposes try pairing your current phone to the HFT and see what it does .
get some play time with it ..

Just a quick question on this.

I've tried to set up my blackberry, but the car starts asking me questions in german.

I've set the language for general options to english but as this seems to be seperate to the HFT i'm wondering if there is some other setting somewhere.

Can anyone help please?

I've got a Blackberry Bold 9700 succesfully working the HFT. You need to change the language for the HFT which as far as I know is done via voice control and the HFT buttons.

This post maybe of some help http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/361-hft-problems/ have a look in your manual about changing language or some of the replies in that post. if you look at reply #26 you will see that you might have to talk to it in a different language lol.

Let us know how you get on.

I've got a Blackberry Bold 9700 succesfully working the HFT. You need to change the language for the HFT which as far as I know is done via voice control and the HFT buttons.

This post maybe of some help http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/361-hft-problems/ have a look in your manual about changing language or some of the replies in that post. if you look at reply #26 you will see that you might have to talk to it in a different language lol.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

that does seem to be the problem

now unfortunately my german isn't the best but it seems to be asking for a password before letting me do anything

Had this with my various HTC phones, you can reset the language in English, but I am nerfed if I can remember how - read your manual... it tells you in there, you just need to say the right English phrases after the correct button press.

Thanks actually good to know.
lol. Yeah I remember when bluetooth came out in SA. Everyone was raving about it. Then they said oh it's only got a range of 10 meters or something. I remember thinking, whats the use of that?
Oh well.
So looks like I'll have to become pro I-Phone as apposed against it.
If you cant beat em, might as well join em.
;)

Samsung Galaxy S works fine also for the non i-phone fans

Andy156.
You lucky mate.
I've been trying to get my N97 connected. But.. No luck what so ever.
How did you go about it?

hehe, I had mine screaming at me in German the other day.

Andy156.
You lucky mate.
How did you go about it?

I dont suppose it mentioned a passvort did it?

Not yet got mine to stop talking like a german dominatrix yet.

Guys do you have the owners manual for your cars? It tells you in there how to pair the phone. As for the password i'm sure it says to get it removed if you dont know it it needs to go to a Honda dealer ;)

NOTE:
•HFT system does not allow you to pair your phone if the vehicle is moving.
•For pairing, your phone must be in its Discovery mode.
•Up to six phones can be paired to the HFT system.
•The following procedure works for most phones. If you cannot pair your phone to the HFT system with this procedure, refer to your phone’s operating manual, or talk to your phone retailer.

1.During the pairing process, turn off any previously paired phones before pairing a new phone. With your phone on and the ignition switch in the ACCESSORY (I) or ON (II) position, press and release the Talk button. After the beep, say ‘‘Phone set up.’’ The HFT system response is ‘‘Phone set up options are status, pair, edit, delete, and list.’’
2.Press and release the Talk button. After the beep, say ‘‘Pair.’’ The HFT system response is ‘‘The pairing process requires operation of your mobile phone. For safety, only perform this function while the vehicle is stopped. State a four-digit code for pairing. Note this code. It will be requested by the phone.’’
3.Press and release the Talk button. After the beep, say the four-digit code you want to use. For example, say ‘‘1, 2, 3, 4.’’ The HFT system response is, ‘‘1, 2, 3, 4. Is this correct?’’
4.Press and release the Talk button. After the beep, say ‘‘Yes.’’ The HFT system response is ‘‘Searching for a Bluetooth phone. Make sure the phone you are trying to pair is in discovery mode.’’

NOTE: Steps 5 and 6 show a common way to get your phone into its Discovery mode. If these steps do not work on your phone, refer to the phone’s operating manual.

5.Follow the prompts on your phone to get it into its Search mode. The phone will search for the HFT system. When it comes up, select Hands-Free Telephone System from the list of options displayed on your phone.
6.When asked by the phone, enter the four-digit code from step 3 into your phone. The HFT system response is ‘‘A new phone has been found. What would you like to name this phone?’’
7.Press and release the Talk button. After the beep, say the name you want to use. For example, say ‘‘Eric’s phone.’’ The HFT system response is ‘‘Eric’s phone has been successfully paired. Returning to the main menu.’’
8.If you want to pair another phone, repeat steps 1 through 7.

One thing I did before pairing my phone was to delete and restore all settings on the HFT as there were still the names and numbers from the previous owner stored in it see Pepsters post #20 here http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/361-hft-problems/ on how to reset it.

Cheers for the advice Davecmr.
I'll give this a try.

It's also worth noting I'm a little technology inept. haha.
So small words of easy syllables. :eek:

I'm not sure if I should go a head right now and try this out or if I should wait till the end of next month.
My current phone contract is at a end and I'll be getting a new phone (Iphone) and new number.

Still I'm looking forward to pretending I'm Micheal Knight and talking to my car. hahahaha.

Well you dont need to pair your phone to use voice control for the climate/radio/cd etc. Its the smaller voice pictured button on the left of the steering wheel (if that makes sense) I also find for some reason it understands me better than the voice control for the HFT. Try pressing the button and saying "Radio preset 6" it should pause for a second then repeat what you said and change the radio to preset 6.

If you dont have the manual with all the commands in press Info on the sat nav/radio and up near the top right of the screen there is another option press that and you can get a list of all the voice commands.

Hope that helps.

Have a look at http://deletionpedia.dbatley.com/w/index.php?***le=2005_Honda_Accord_Voice_Commands_(deleted_20_Jul_2008_at_12:18)

Andy156.
You lucky mate.
How did you go about it?

Dunno mine just seemed to pair up no problems initially. Did go through a phase of the German ranting but has been perfect (touch wood) thus far!

The really annoying thing bout the voice control is the need to push the button every time you need to say something. My Tranny is much more natural like that.

...and the way that it often says something like "star - 8 - 4" when you've just told it to call someone.

I've given up using it now because of this - have to say though that once you manage to get a call set up the quality both ways on the Honda system is excellent, I've had quite a few people ask me if I was parked up as it is so clear.