What's new

HFT suddenly stopped working

tomblyboo

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer
So I went from hearing "no phone detected" to the steering wheel HFT button not even triggering the 'listening tone' and it is now dead and my phone does not detect Honda HFT at all.
Any thoughts ?
Coincidentally my driver ceiling light has gone caput and I note with some trepidation that the HFT is also in the ceiling. Could it be rain ingress? Anyone else had HFT just die and become unresponsive?

HFT is in the centre of the dash, not in the roof.
Its probably blown its a known problem, mine was blown when I bought mine, I got a Grom BT3 and it has worked perfectly with 2 Androids and my IPhone 6S now, streams music and is controllable from the steering wheel controls as well.
One thing to watch is that the HFT can draw a lot of current and kill your battery if not disconnected, ***uming that it is faulty.

I have been trying to get mine to work, it would not pair to any phone.
So I took the module out, disconnected it, stripped it down, blew the hell out of it, reconnected it and hey presto it works.

Now it's dead, nothing happens when I press either of the buttons on the steering wheel, no peeps, nothing.
Not a happy bunny.
Humpfff

You could try the oven trick

Sent from my LG-K100 using Tapatalk

mine had also issues, Used the heat gun method and been working for a day now :)