What's new

HFT

Hello,

I seem to have the same problem.

It drains my battery overnight, and if I disconect the fuse that powers the interior lights, it works fine.

Does anybody know where is this HFT bluetooth module located on the Accord 2007, so I can disconect it, and see if it stops draining the battery?

Thank you

killabee414 said:
Hello,

I seem to have the same problem.

It drains my battery overnight, and if I disconect the fuse that powers the interior lights, it works fine.

Does anybody know where is this HFT bluetooth module located on the Accord 2007, so I can disconect it, and see if it stops draining the battery?

Thank you
it is the model without navigation

i have opened the lid of the dashboard, and it's in the same place.

plugged it out and it works fine now.

thank you for the information

I baked mine in the oven and now it's .... toast!

One of the main chips slid sideways when the solder melted :unsure:

So no more HFT for me, but at least I don't have to charge the battery every week.

My name is Steve, and I have an early 2008 2.2 Accord saloon, but it's the 2007 shape.

My HFT stopped responding to the steering wheel buttons. Disconnecting and reconnecting as per the instructions in this thread would fix the issue, but the module would stop working again in hours or days.

I examined the main green connector going into the module where it is soldered into the main board, and thought I could see some hairline cracks. I got a fine soldering iron and remade all the connections.

Since then the module has worked with a Google Nexus 5 reliably, but is not working at all with a pre-paired Nokia 6310i which it has worked with before.

I've had a week of working with the Nexus 5.

It seems the modules are a weak point on the car, and most breakers seem to charge quite stiff prices for them. I have looked for replacements but can't find anything for under about £85.

So, if the Bluetooth module is not responding after reconnection, or there is some intermittent working after a re-plug, I would look at re-soldering the connector.

You will need a very fine soldering iron and perfect eyesight or a magnifying glass. If you are not confident with soldering, you risk trashing the module.

Hello did you managed to sort it out?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

a friend of mine has problems with bluetooth draining battery, is there a particular fuse which can be removed to disable bluetooth as he got an aftermarket one instead of dismantling the dashboard ?

and the thread is dredged up again... I am struggling to get my HFT to pair my phone, it wont find it, tried the wifes phone, no luck either... will unplug my Modulator tomorrow and try the above., will keep you posted.

And it's fixed.... WHOOO hooooooo.

I have been trying to get mine to work, it would not pair to any phone.
So I took the module out, disconnected it, stripped it down, blew the hell out of it, reconnected it and hey presto it works.
Mmmmm what next to mess with me thinks.
I know mp3

Ok so it seems I was too hasty in my response... I entered a number into the phonebook, tried to call it and they car tells me nobphones are found, but the phones states it is connected... Gřrrrrrrrrr
Back to the drawing board.
After reading all I have read about this HFT system, I'm starting to belive it's a pile of poo.

And it's fixed.... WHOOO hooooooo.

I have been trying to get mine to work, it would not pair to any phone.
So I took the module out, disconnected it, stripped it down, blew the hell out of it, reconnected it and hey presto it works.
Mmmmm what next to mess with me thinks.
I know mp3

Ok so it seems I was too hasty in my response... I entered a number into the phonebook, tried to call it and they car tells me no phones are found, but the phones states it is connected... Gřrrrrrrrrr
Back to the drawing board.
After reading all I have read about this HFT system, I'm starting to belive it's a pile of poo.

try using the headgun for reflow :) mine worked and been working for a day now :p

Very helpful information, much thanks to everyone.

Insurgent
I just have to say thanks for putting up those photo's showing where the Bluetooth module is. After spending hours looking under the drivers side and passenger side for the module (apparently that's where it is in American Honda's) I'd just about given up when I found your post. I never would have thought to look under there. I've removed the module battery drain stopped. Only odd thing I noticed is the the voice recognition system no longer recognises anything... Not that it recognised much when it was working. So that wont be missed. Thanks again