What's new

Hi all (clutch problems :)

Romqa

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
Hello all , I`m new hear , I used search button But maybe for all newcomers and old members I want to tell my clutch story and some opinions on that.(And answers here will help everyone.)
I`m from Lithuania (I hope you know where it is :) ) I bought my Honda Accord 2.2 i-ctdi two years ago , I fell in love with this car the same day I bought it :) All those years I tunned my car bodykits , visors , typeS suspension , 18" wheels , carbon , angel eyes and more , so I chiped my car 9 moth ago I have 181BHP and enjoy the power )the power of dreams) :) It`s enough for me :) About Month ago a problem occured (I didn`t knew earlier ) but I know cluch slips :( As I read all topics so there are two solutions have a 6 paddle performance clutch from CG or Honda stock clutch.I heared honda has more stronger clutches with part number 325(ending).I saw it in one post but don`t now is it true or not , My honda dealer gave me clutch price and number 305(ending).
I`m afraid that original clutch won`t hold my 181bhp for long time ( the only disadvantage for stock clutch)I don`t want to waste my money every year on clutch (My car is 8 years old I don`t know when clutch was replaced or it was ever replaced)
About CG performance 6 paddle clutch I`m afraid of judder will judder will be always ?Can this judder ruin my other parts in suspension or something ?Will my gear box will work good with this clutch and won`t brake ?Will this clutch ruin my flywheel in some time ? Do I need some kind of aftermarket flywheel (as I know stock flywheel is dual as needed) or the stock one will work perfectly with CG 6 paddle performance clutch ?maybe someone uses CG 6paddle performance clutch for some time and can describe his feelings about the clutch or some people that know something on this topic. All answers and thoughts on this topic would be very helpful.Thank you
Nice to meet you all!!!

sveikas sveikas :)
I think that stock clutch last about 35-40k so it really depends on your driving style and it also ruins your suspension because of the higher power train(specially drive shafts)
If you put stronger clutch stock flywheel will be ok.

stock clutch on a stock engine lasts 185K+ if you drive it right! ;)

mines been slipping slightly in 3/4th if I boot it for 35K and is no worse now than when it began...

I have a new stock clutch on a stage1 remap with egr delete and have had now problems what so ever. The stock clutch has a revised design now so all should be fine for a good while yet. I belive its also to do with your driving style. If you constantly thrash the car and engage high boost then any clutch will suffer over time.

The CG clutch i've had no dealings with but from what I have heard they are very strong clutches and seem to be good for the job indeed. However with any paddle clutch you have to expect some judder when engaging the clutch, its just the nature of it.