What's new

Hi can anyone tell me about the remap please

Rroni

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord I-CDTI
Hi, I know that elite remap is good but can anyone tell me about this drakebox or many other that are sellin on ebay for around £ 80 are they worth that or should I go with the elite remap ????
Regards

We're not the only ones to provide remaps mate, there are other quality companies too.

But in my honest opinion (forget that I'm a tuner for a second) I would say you need to avoid the tuning boxes.

They simply inflate your fuel pressures, force the engine to work harder and hotter and are only altering one of upto 30 variables on your car..

I'm sure others will offer you their opinion, that's just mine.

Stay well clear of tuning boxes mate. You get what you pay for.

I'd strongly suggest a full map if you're looking for an upgrade, tuning box just rams more fuel into the engine without changing anything else. Plenty others will chip in with the same opinion I'm sure

Dude - it's 10K for a new engine...

80 quid for a fuel monkey to adjust your fuel pressure.

a few more quid to have a purpose designed, tested and (as far as I know) 100% satisfaction recorded complete reprogramming by a chap like Faddy here?

Simples.....

Establish yourself on the forum a bit more and there are plenty of members in the area who would let you have a go in one of their cars.

Hi, I know that elite remap is good but can anyone tell me about this drakebox or many other that are sellin on ebay for around £ 80 are they worth that or should I go with the elite remap ????
Regards

Don't go for a tuning box use a tuner and it also makes sense in my opinion to use someone who is actually using the map on an Accord i.e own one themselves as they understand any issues etc. With the box it is a bit more your on your own.

Another plus point with using a professional tuner is they have a lot of knowledge of any problems on the vehicle, as with a re-map you are optimising the settings and therefore this magnifies any faults that your car may have. Things such as fuel filter issues, which I seem to remember you had recently, would be amplified, obviously now you can rule out the fuel filter.

I remember asking Fahad about re-maps on the old forum however at the time I had an issue with my clutch and Fahad advised me to make sure the car was right before mapping it. For your info there is another guy on here Adam (thehole) who if I'm not wrong covers the south.

The other thing I would say is there are lots of re-mapping companies out there, personally I would stick with the ones that are linked or stay around the forum either here or on the civic forums, firstly they generally offer a forum price and secondly the Honda diesel unit is a very fine piece of engineering and needs someone that really understands it.

Rron, Im only a few miles south of you if you where interested in a remap at some point.

I have a few things to say about boxes v remaps.

A friend of mine had a 1.9tdi audi A3 as a company car... needless to say, as it wasnt his.. he didnt look after it.
First thing he got his hands on was a tuning box. it was not a 'cheap' £80 jobbie it was a £280 job. He thought that he would buy a so called 'premium' box to ensure he did not kill his engine.

Anyway, long story short. At 18k miles the engine was taken in for its final service before being sold, the box was removed and the car was service. During the service one of the tech's said the car was not running right and this needed to be investigated before being sold to the public.

A rather large diagnostics bill later, which included the head being removed!. it was found out that the engine was being heavily overfueled causing damage to the head / block :lol:.

re-maps are the way forward :ph34r:

With the accord and tuning box, your almost always guranteed to get exsessive smoke. Thats what i reckon anyways, as the fuelling tends to be alot more aggressive

I also must agree about don't use a tuning box.As for the drake box i was looking at it about a year ago and couldn't find any reviews so that answered my question stay well clear.

as above, tuning boxes are crude, and as Fahad has said just fool the ECU into there's a lower fuel pressure on the rail than there actually is, so indirectly increases the fuel pressure. Proper mapping takes much more into account rather than just fuel pressure.
Get the elite remap. YOU WONT be disappointed eh fellas?

Yeah I've got to agree after having my accord remapped on Saturday by fahad at elite remaps I'm so happy with it its so fast and pulls alot harder thanks to the extra torque and plus now theres power through out the whole rev range and puts a smile on my face everytime I drive as fahad can tell you. To me its like a nsx diesel lol haha

Diesel NSX :unsure: I like it.

I've bad experience of an elite remap. Yes the increased power, better running and increased fuel economy are plus points but my face hurt from smiling far too much! :lol:

Although no Accord now if (and when) I return to one it'll be remapped within hours. No cheapo boxes for me far too risky on a refined engine.

You will no regret it and it's how the car should always of been.