What's new

Hid Conversion ?

bedlam

Members
Reaction score
Car
8th gen tourer 2.2
Hi All

1st post lol ... ok I see some of you's have done a hid conversion on your cars.

DId it on another car long time ago, what I need to know is ?.

Are the lights on the 8th gen. Emarked to allow the conversion to be legal ?.

Cheers
Andy

No they are not E marked unless your light units are from a Type s which come with factory Hid's. I was like you but went ahead and purchased an hid kit from Horizon led which I have still to fit when I get time. The light units use projector style lenses which give the light output a clean cut off line so will work. There are many topics on the internet regarding Mot regulations e.g auto headlight adjustment and headlight wash but it is all a bit vague so it really comes down to either go for it and take it on the chin if the Mot inspector fails you or just stick with the original crappy dipped beams, the choice is up to you.

thanks for the reply.

I know how it all works and the mot isn't a problem.

I just needed to know if the lights had been E marked for the heat output of the hids. Which is why the uk Gov made it illegal to retro fit them into cars that didn't come standard with hid's out of the factory.

Knowing that the car in a later revise DID switch to hid's, I was wondering if Honda swapped out the light units for a diff LEGAL version of the lenses.

Which now leads me to ask if someone with the revised lights on a gen 8 or 9 could read me the details of the front lense of their light units.

Thanks
Andy

PS
Actually I don't even think the dipped beams are that bad.