What's new

HID INSTALL

mohammed

TAF Member
Reaction score
Car
accord icdti
well guys finally managed got round to getting the hid kit for the accord,i went with 6k as i didnt want it looking too blue or too yellow,ended up buying from a shop near me so if it does fail at any point, the shop will happily replace the faulty part..

well firstly i fixed up the connectors to the ballast, the ballast its self had positive an negative so you couldn't get it the wrong way round..
IMG_20120627_120640.jpg

then had to drill a hole in the headlight covers,this was done using a drill..simples...
IMG_20120627_120649.jpg

IMG_20120627_120704.jpg

i did put duct tape on the front and the back of the washer plug to make it more air tight..hopefully this should keep the moisture out :D
IMG_20120627_121728.jpg

IMG_20120627_121735.jpg

then i disconnected the battery and took it out to give me more room to work around.i took out the existing xenon bulb out and also detached the black wire which went on the metal housing inside the headlight unit its self..
IMG_20120627_123733.jpg

IMG_20120627_123753.jpg

it was then simply attaching the red hid wire to the red one which goes to the back of the bulb,and the black hid one to the black wire which attaches to the bulb housing,i secure the connectors using elec tape,then re taped them after i put the rubber bit on
IMG_20120627_124232.jpg

IMG_20120627_124612.jpg

then came the tough bit,installing the bulb and the headlight cover on the drivers side!!!!WHAT A MISSION THAT WAS!!!!!! even with the washer bottle unclipped and moved out of the way, there was hardly any space to work around,after struggling for 40min i manged to get it all connected and sealed.the ballast on the driver side went near the washer bottle(no where else to go)and the pass side ballast went under the headlight unit its self,both ballast attached with Velcro....the results are awsome... :D
IMG_20120628_002104.jpg

IMG_20120628_002116.jpg

IMG_20120628_002141.jpg

just got back from work,and driving the dark country lanes haven't been more brighter than this...could see everything for a change :D wish i had done this sooner,will defo be an improvement on unlit A roads and motorways :D so if anyone has not done this....DO IT ASAP :lol:

Good write up Bro and they look great mate

Looks really nice, thinking about doing this on my 6th gen B)

Thanks guys,Dale mate do it makes a hell of a difference to night driving :)

looks really nice bro, nice install too. Like the duck tape idea

Also used 6K on my low-beams.Amazing what difference they make.Have you done your foglights as well?

B)

Also used 6K on my low-beams.Amazing what difference they make.Have you done your foglights as well?
THE MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE :D ,no bud iv left the fogs as they are at moment,iv got some leds waiting to go in for the fogs,but getting to the fog bulbs is missions lol

Looks awesome, you inspired me to order some last night in work, well thats what nights and eBay are for. Hopefully should have them for the weekend.
If mine look as good as yours I'll be reet chuffed.

You do not need to drill the cover, you can place the entire ballast under the bulb inside the lamp. I did it, used strong double sided tape on the ballast and just placed it below the bulb holder and then connected everything. Works like a charm and looks stock when checking the engine bay.