What's new

HID not working

mikdys

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 EX
2.2EX 2006 - ns HID not working - anyone know the most likely cause - what part to buy - how easy to fit (I'm not planning to open up my bank account for a Honda dealer!)?

Thanks Guys!

Are they aftermarket HIDs?

If so check the bulb or ballast. My bulb went recently replacement found on eBay under £10.

I thought the point of HIDs was that the bulbs don't blow?

Most likely a blown bulb or the ballast not working.

First step is to swap the bulbs.

Don't know about your model, but mine there are three star screws holding the cover in place.

If the same light is out, the next step would be to swap the ballast, that's above my pay grade on the how to do it side though.

Thanks - do you know if there are any tips to avoid getting a belt off the circuit when working on it
?

I thought the point of HIDs was that the bulbs don't blow?
Could be that some of the hid kits are poorly made as a couple of friends had the same issue? Oils/grease from your fingers can cause hot spots on the glass and cause them to go bad, same with halogens. So make sure you don't touch the glass part of the bulb.

Could be that some of the hid kits are poorly made as a couple of friends had the same issue? Oils/grease from your fingers can cause hot spots on the glass and cause them to go bad, same with halogens. So make sure you don't touch the glass part of the bulb.
Hmmm interesting. I'd just ***umed without a filament they'd never blow! Maybe I should get a spare bulb just in case :D .

TBO guys if you have after market HID'S installed and the lamps or Ballast has gone on one side odds on the other side will go shortly as well.
If it was me i would just buy another complete set as there not very expensive.