What's new

HIDs, what kit?

Busted

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord I-CDTI Estate
Chaps, what HID kits do I use? I've been looking around and have found a fair few!!
Chris

Chris there all quite good iv just ordered a set from London colour as there in a deal at the min.

I've had a look and can't find that one? Any chance you can post me a linky?

Chris I'll give you a link when I finish work as I'm on the mobile.
Just state what type you want hence H1 and colour at the payment section.

I have a brand new set in my garage. Let me know if you are interested. I can post a pic up here later on if you want. I'm in Enfield so you could collect if prefer

Hi mate, what kit have you got? What is the burn output (I'm ideally looking for 6000 to 8000k) and how much are you looking for it?

I did try to send you a pm but it wouldn't let me :(

Hear is the link Chris

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Xenon-HID-Conversion-KIT-H1-H3-H7-H9-H11-HB3-HB4-9006-/330379335700?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4cec249814

How easy are these to fit? also what is the best rating for xenon look but not overly blue.
Have a search there is tons of info on this.Have a look hear as a start.

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/8859-hid-install/

I believe they are 4300k bulbs. The kit is brand new and in the box. About £20 +p&p

Guys it all depends on the look you want.
IMO a good mid point and great light output is 6000K

Hi Chris, I got these a few weeks ago, look superb, 6000k so white with a bluish tint as Brett says about the best for looks, but each to their own, fitting was easy for me as all I did was managed to fit everything inside the light unit so there was no need to drill the cap at the back, ballast and everything fitted under where the bulb goes, I know its not ideal, but in the event of it failing on MOT all I need to do is replace it with the standard bulb and wont have a hole in my light cover at the rear. Took me about an hour all told to fit, you just need small hands or be prepered for lots af swearing and scratches.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190517578570?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Good luck.

I wish my car never had HIDs. HIDs are pants in the wet, even with uprated Osram 5000k Intense D2Rs.

Don't forget, the higher k you go, the worse they are driving in the wet when you need them most.

Non canbus fella

I wish my car never had HIDs. HIDs are pants in the wet, even with uprated Osram 5000k Intense D2Rs.

Don't forget, the higher k you go, the worse they are driving in the wet when you need them most.

I think I heard somewhere that HID's are miles better if fitted into projector units, in standard reflector clusters meant for halogen bulbs they're not so good?? I know the clusters on the Type-R are different to the regular Accords though so I don't know if they're optimised for HID's... How come HID's are worse in the wet btw? I've always wanted them but it's one of the things that puts me off. That and all the oncoming traffic flashing you :lol:

The ATR has self levelling motors and headlight washers, just more things to go wrong.

As for the reflection, it is something to do with how white is absorbed more into wet dark surfaces than yellow. They are great in the dry, but awful in the wet.