What's new

High consumption - possible causes

Drejc112

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2012
Hi
First ill tell you my lowest consumption i ever had is 6.2l/100km , that was made mostly traveling about 90 to 100 km/h for about 60km every day. Second time i had about 6.2L consuption was when traveling to portogal from slovenia, i did about 2500km in one way and not doing it over the speed limit, just from time to time pushed it a bit , mostly high ways, some country roads and not much hills..
But i cant see how to get under 6L or even close to under 5l if that is possible..
Now i think there is something wrong with the car?
What could be wrong to get high consumption ?

Last edited:
Binding brakes? Check after a good half an hour drive if you can feel any excess heat coming from any of the wheels. Don't touch brake discs just place hands on alloys or in the space between spokes you'll feel if any are binding compared to any that aren't

Binding brakes? Check after a good half an hour drive if you can feel any excess heat coming from any of the wheels. Don't touch brake discs just place hands on alloys or in the space between spokes you'll feel if any are binding compared to any that aren't
Nothing wrong with the brakes, had a binding rear brake but got it fixed, consumption did drop for 0,5l than, but now it is how it is.

If you are driving a petrol Accord, then 6l/100km is good. Diesel, not bad. It depends on how much weight is in the car, air con on, motorway or road. My diesel does 5l/100km on the motorway but 7l /100km on small roads with stopping and starting.

If you are driving a petrol Accord, then 6l/100km is good. Diesel, not bad. It depends on how much weight is in the car, air con on, motorway or road. My diesel does 5l/100km on the motorway but 7l /100km on small roads with stopping and starting.
Its a diesel. Car is Empty only driver inside. If i only drive city i get 9L to 9.5L , more than i got with 2012 2.0 sedan accord .
what about dpf ? If its blocked or something, i dont get any lights on dash but mybe its on the way ?

and i have HDs him at home to use, it did not show any foults , i did full regeneration on dpf just to make sure.. did full service like 10k km back, all oem filters including diesel filter.